OMG Snow! Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We got more coming down in Nanoose.

I dont feel like doing the dog walk....niether does she but we must get our exercise! 

I'm a tough dog-dad. 

Best keep that highly intelligent dog occupied and/ or tired.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Best keep that highly intelligent dog occupied and/ or tired.

A blue heeler cross doing zoomies around the living room is what I get if she doesn't get out for a walk. 

She can make the place look like a bombs hit in 0.2 secs.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A blue heeler cross doing zoomies around the living room is what I get if she doesn't get out for a walk. 

She can make the place look like a bombs hit in 0.2 secs.

A German shepherd can do the same if not ran properly. And in about the same amount of time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Coming down in Metro Van. 

I turned on Global news this morning and saw that. I had a funny morning thought about what the news would be like if they reported on the rest of the province or country Everytime it showed a few inches.  😂

10 hours ago, Canuck You said:

The weather forecast person is probably the only job in the world where you can never get fired no matter how much you fuck up the report.

Hey, you can pay me x amount of money to guess what's going to happen, and I can be wrong 9 times out of 10, but it's the computers fault.

• 2 months later...

Snow in the forecast for the mountan passes this long weekend.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10500040/snow-expected-on-b-c-mountain-passes-for-long-weekend/

Snow expected on B.C. mountain passes for long weekend

kathy2.png?w=136&h=136&crop=1
By Kathy Michaels  Global News
Posted May 16, 2024 8:00 am
 Updated May 16, 2024 8:12 am
 1 min read
FILE - Snow is expected on B.C.'s mountain passes this long weekend. File

DESCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE
INCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE

Anyone with plans to travel in and out of B.C.’s Southern Interior for the May long weekend should be prepared for some snow.

70c8fc80

Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement warning motorists that there will be snow on all major mountain highways this weekend, including the Coquihalla Highway, Okanagan Connector, Allison Pass, Kootenay Pass, Begbie Summit, and Rogers Pass.

An estimated two to five centimetres of snow is expected to fall between Thursday night and Friday morning, and possibly early Saturday. Higher elevations could see even more.

Click to play video: 'Coquihalla Highway closed in both directions Thursday morning'

0:25Coquihalla Highway closed in both directions Thursday morning

“An upper low will bring a cool airmass to higher elevations of the B.C. Interior tonight and into this long weekend,” said the warning issued Thursday.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

“Colder air along with precipitation means the mountain passes can expect a dusting of snow overnight Thursday, and possibly overnight Friday.”

The daily email you need for BC's top news stories.

For Allison Pass, the Coquihalla Highway, the Okanagan Connector and Begbie summit, snow can be expected above 1,000 metres. At Rogers and Kootenay Pass, snow is expected above 1,300 metres.

The national weather agency warned that transportation routes may be impacted and travellers should be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions.