[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning, Oct 15, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The Let's Put a W in SPANK THE LIGHTNING Game ... M'Kay!

Rocket-68

I think another issue is that DeBrusk and Petey don’t seem to have found chemistry yet and again it’s the question of who is on the other wing with Petey. We are clearly lacking two bonafide top 6 players. No disrespect to Sprong, Heinen, or Bains but these guys aren’t the answer or the other teams would have kept them. They are third liners. We keep trying third liners in the top 6. Hasn’t really worked out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Petey does a great defensive job even when not scoring. It is early in the game and season. I think we will see Petey of old throughout the year, no worries here.

The even better defensive game would be dominating his shifts in the offensive zone.. both in goals and possession. For some reason he doesn't do that anymore. I'd rather have him driving offence then trying to win a Selke. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think another issue is that DeBrusk and Petey don’t seem to have found chemistry yet and again it’s the question of who is on the other wing with Petey. We are clearly lacking two bonafide top 6 players. No disrespect to Sprong, Heinen, or Bains but these guys aren’t the answer or the other teams would have kept them. They are third liners. We keep trying third liners in the top 6. Hasn’t really worked out.

This is why we are 2 or 3 years away from PEAK Canucks. 

But we still have a playoff team here in the meantime.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, rmok said:

The even better defensive game would be dominating his shifts in the offensive zone.. both in goals and possession. For some reason he doesn't do that anymore. I'd rather have him driving offence then trying to win a Selke. 

Ya, it’s just weird to see him so average. I really couldn’t tell the difference between him and Blueger right now. He doesn’t dominate and that should concern everyone. What if this is it for 11.6 million? Scary thought.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

You and my mom both lol. She sent me a pic of #17 and asked who it was… said she might have to start watching the Canucks again for about the first time in 25 years 😂😂😂

😉

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

Bring up Brannstrom. I mean why not 

I guess you have to try something 

That third pairing is even worse than I expected, it’s borderline unplayable right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

You and my mom both lol. She sent me a pic of #17 and asked who it was… said she might have to start watching the Canucks again for about the first time in 25 years 😂😂😂

How your Mom sees Hronek!

A8D0F98B-EE2B-42A8-B1D2-9E61FD8D86C0.jpeg.dc24793f9814efc97b1cde229c39ed9e.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, it’s just weird to see him so average. I really couldn’t tell the difference between him and Blueger right now. He doesn’t dominate and that should concern everyone.

I can, bluegar hustles .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rmok said:

This.

When was the last time we saw Petey doing his patented deke?

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

This.

When was the last time we saw Petey doing his patented deke?

Or shooting, or hitting, or skating…there is lots to add to this list. I guarantee if we are worried that management must be even more terrified.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82