[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning, Oct 15, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The Let's Put a W in SPANK THE LIGHTNING Game ... M'Kay!

Rocket-68

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

That Kucherov is a killer. Our bottom 6 will beat their bottom 6. 

Vasilevski is also a concern for me. We have to generate more than they do to hopefully put more pucks behind him.

14 hours ago, grumpyone said:

can't hardly wait... planning beef stroganoff for game night... with leftover pie.... or maybe have pie as a main course?

Turkey "Surprise" for us tonight and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomor......

taz-eating.gif

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

he needs to build his confidence. It's also just October. 

I know he does, but we also need points and especially wins.

I kept thinking, if we started Lankinen on Wednesday against the Flames, we would've had atleast 1 win by now.

I know, some of the goals given up on the Flames game were bad defensive breakdowns or not able to get the puck out. But you also can't expect a full 60 min of 0 scoring chance/pressure from an opposing team, that's just not going to happen. Wins/losses are dictate pretty much base on how much one team can convert on their chances when they put on the pressure; and how much a goalie can stop those shots.

At the end of the day, the Flames scored 4 goals unanswered when the game was 4-1 for us. Goals 2-4 were all goals that shouldn't have gone in, they were all long range shots from the perimeters. What's worse was those 4 goals were scored on 5 shots in that span. He couldn't do anything on goal #5, that was on Soucy to tie up his man's stick. He ended the night with -3.9 GSAA. He is currently 59/60 goalie in GSAA when among goalies who have played a game. It's early in the season, sample size is small and he only played one game, but it's not a good number. It also appears other teams have figured out his weakness, sooner or later, they will all be throwing these perimeter shots on net if he doesn't improve. No, I don't think it's fair to expect any goalie to be Demko who is among league leaders in GSAA when he is healthy. However, an average GSAA of anywhere between 0-1.5 would've gotten us a win last Wednesday.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Petey, do we really need him?

He is invisible just like the playoffs!!! Offseason he should have beef up on his legs and upper body strength!! He is still falling like a bambie!!