[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning, Oct 15, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The Let's Put a W in SPANK THE LIGHTNING Game ... M'Kay!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

I'm gonna say it...

Miller cannot pass. He can score but when it comes to passing. Yikes.

You take the good with the bad with Miller. When he is good, he is great. But when he is bad, he is awful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Kinda looks like not using the pre season to sharpen up is hurting us at this point.

Yeah, no more camp battles. This is also what happened under Bruce. 

These camp battles for the bottom 6 is cancer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

No chemistry. Top guys needed more preseason 

I just came here to say this. They seem slow and sluggish, behind the play, sloppy and not crisp at all. 

4 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I know it’s early in the season, but I have so many bad memories of terrible starts to the year from the recent past that it’s hard not to worry. 

It was what gave the team confidence and an incredible pre All star game start. Not sure we would have made it into the playoff given how we played average in the second half of the season.

If we keep being average, we'll just go back to being an average team. Hopefully player chemistry will improve and soon.

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Schedules a lil fukk'd also..at least this will be the longest they will have traveled.

It's actually a pretty easy schedule to start the year. 3 full days off to get used to the time change is a luxury. They have another 3 full days off at the end of the road trip to get used to Pacific Time again too. Plus no back-to-back games the first month. For once we actually have time for practices to start the year.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yup. They play better with urgency. Their problem is they struggle manufacturing urgency themselves haha

They truly lack a killer instinct most of the time. It may still come with some of the offseason adds, but it’s convoluted right now while they try to build chemistry together. The majority of our talented F are passive type players, and that doesn’t bode well for “foot on the throat” type of hockey. I’d really like to see us add a mean PF type. Debrusk has certain qualities but we need that swagger back like when we had Zadorov. The team just played a little bit tougher because of his attitude and with his presence imho. JTM, Garly, Hogz and Sherwood can only do so much in terms of sticking it to the other club. 

Edit: hopefully that specific PF is Joshua when he returns and is a beast 

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 1

If only the coach was smart and used the preseason as a tune up for the team to be ready for the regular season, they all look like ass right now, fucking pathetic they have only played 1 good period so far and that was the first one of the season against Calgary. Get your fucking shit together boys this is terrible 

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Still waiting for something from Heinen. 

Only had 1 play I noticed (mainly because he looked so gassed on the back check but still made the play).

We need Joshua back and I rather have suter on top 6. Heinen is not a top 6 player.

Sportsnet doing damage control for the Canucks with the postgame petey praise for what? he’s been fucking useless since signing the largest contract in team history

Edited by Pycnotic
  • Like 1