[PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning Oct 15

Rocket-68

31 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

I would  be concerned if this was game # 10 , it’s not and our team has yet to re gel  ( probably could have something more eloquent there ) lots of new faces in the lineup, maybe a few more preseason games for this group would have helped.  

They played the last preseason game with what looked like the team that was going to start the season. 1 game. i know you have to evaluate the young guys and how they fit. but I  always wonder If they should lean towards getting the players that have the better chance more games together in preseason. So that their not trying to  figuring this stuff out With actual point games. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Disappointing to get another loss, but it is not as bad as a lot of the comments indicate.

1. Tampa was the better team, but not by a big margin. Shots were 28 to 27 for Tampa (almost even) and the Canucks were ahead in all-strength Corsi and in scoring chances. Vasilevsky was great and Silovs was so-so. I am not saying Silovs was bad, but Vasilevsky was excellent and the team with the better goalie won, as often happens.

2. The first goal was created by a dreadful sequence from Juulsen. First, he fell, giving up possession of the puck, then he lost a puck battle to Kucherov, then he abandoned Kucherov in a prime shooting position cross-check a guy in front of the net already being checked by Suter. The left Kucherov open for a the dreaded cross-seam pass and it seemed like he had half the net the puck the puck in as Silovs was slow getting over.  I like Juulsen and am happy with him as 7th man. But if he is playing every night, your D is not very good.  The second goal was a shot from a bad angle that seemed to catch Silovs leaning too hard to the short side.

3. Silovs made some good saves, but I would definitely go with Lankinen. Tocc seems to like Silovs a lot even though his overall save percentage with Vancouver is below .900.

4. Pettersson had a better game and was close on several occasions. He should still shoot more, though. Sooner or later the puck has to start going in for him again.

5. Hughes and Hronek were excellent again (especially Hughes). Miller and Boeser also continue to look good and had good underlying numbers. And Garland continues to be excellent. In addition to getting the only goal, he led the team in Corsi and scoring chance percentage. Scoring chances were 11 to 4 with him on the ice.

6. Last year the team started the season with a red-hot PDO. It was unsustainable but it remained good all season. This year, after 3 games, the Canucks are among the worst in the league. To the extent that PDO measures luck, the Canucks should be able to turn things around.

Best analysis here for my money. Nicely done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Maybe they should have played a few more preseason games to get ready for the season. They look behind the play, soft on pucks, sluggish, can't pass, can't take a pass, can't shoot.

I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but they better figure it out soon or they'll be a bubble team. 

They certainly don't look like a contender.

Edited by 6YPE

8 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

My TV ain't working. What's the qrd of that Oiler game?

2-0 flyers but flyers scored a goal that shouldn’t have counted and Oilers had one called back that should have.

Probably the worst officiated game I’ve seen since 2012.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Seems like when things aren't going well for Petey he just pouts and go to the bench? He really needs to learn to push through the hard times and realize nothing worth doing comes easy.

dude seems to be a headcase. 

practice habits, work ethic, confidence, demeanor. all lacking. 

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

2-0 flyers but flyers scored a goal that shouldn’t have counted and Oilers had one called back that should have.

Probably the worst officiated game I’ve seen since 2012.

If those preseason games were any indication, this year is going to be a real doozy for bad reffing.

18 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

They should try putting a totally different top six together 

Hoglander Miller Garland

Debrusk Petey Boeser

I like what someone said in the GDT, move petey to the wing.

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Petey Raty DeBrusk

Heinen Suter Garland

Sherwood Blueger Sprong

At this point, may as well try. Ideally Garland gets traded. Joshua takes his place. We need to upgrade our defense. I'm willing to trade a 1st + 2nd + Garland for a defenseman 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Michael Scott said:

I like what someone said in the GDT, move petey to the wing.

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Petey Raty DeBrusk

Heinen Suter Garland

Sherwood Blueger Sprong

At this point, may as well try. Ideally Garland gets traded. Joshua takes his place. We need to upgrade our defense. I'm willing to trade a 1st + 2nd + Garland for a defenseman 

Trade the 1 forward who is actually doing all he can...Makes sense...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1