[PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning Oct 15

Rocket-68

21 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

True, but how does a player fall off a cliff like Pettersson has done since last January. I get the injury reasoning last year, but his play and body language is same. The team needs to find a way to get a person that occupies 13% of the cap going.

I agree he needs to get going, but not because he takes up 13% of the cap.  That's completely irrelevant now.  

I liked his game last night, as he was one of the fes engaged for most of the game.  Hopefully Tocchet actually does some coaching soon though and they can start getting more from everyone, not just Petey.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Branstrom and vinny could be a decent bottom pair. Vinny needs a puck mover

You have to try something and that might be the best option right now. That third pairing was borderline unplayable yesterday.

With the OEL buyout we are in no position for 2 million dollar cap hit project defencemen. 

Desharnais was a great third pairing defencemen for the Oilers during the season. Brannstrom with a very good start in the AHL as well.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I agree he needs to get going, but not because he takes up 13% of the cap.  That's completely irrelevant now.  

I liked his game last night, as he was one of the fes engaged for most of the game.  Hopefully Tocchet actually does some coaching soon though and they can start getting more from everyone, not just Petey.

Different way of looking at it the same way I guess. The team needs Pettersson to be going to be successful....and that was reflected in the fact that they gave him a 11.6m contract. IF he had been given a 4m contract, the team could make moves to get other players to make the team successful.

I am by no means a Elias hater, I am just very confused on where his game and confidence has gone. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

You have to try something and that might be the best option right now. That third pairing was borderline unplayable yesterday.

With the OEL buyout we are in no position for 2 million dollar cap hit project defencemen. 

Desharnais was a great third pairing defencemen for the Oilers during the season. Brannstrom with a very good start in the AHL as well.

Soucy-Des looked decent in preseason. I'd give a Brann-Myers and Soucy-Des a try for a game. The chaos in Myers game was related to the lack of system prior to RT in my opinion.

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Different way of looking at it the same way I guess. The team needs Pettersson to be going to be successful....and that was reflected in the fact that they gave him a 11.6m contract. IF he had been given a 4m contract, the team could make moves to get other players to make the team successful.

I am by no means a Elias hater, I am just very confused on where his game and confidence has gone. 

I'm not disagreeing, k would have dealt him once I knew double digit aav was reality.  However, none of that matters now, the deal is done.......tying his performance to that is trying to punish the player and not the guy who made the deal.

Rather than refer to that deal in regards to Petey, it should be tied to PA.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

I'm not disagreeing, k would have dealt him once I knew double digit aav was reality.  However, none of that matters now, the deal is done.......tying his performance to that is trying to punish the player and not the guy who made the deal.

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I am by no means a Elias hater,

Q: I am just very confused on where his game and confidence has gone. 

A: giphy.webp 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

You mean our inexperienced heavily biased Rookie GM that only drafts and trades for swedes?

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Announcer:

great save, by Silovs

what a save, from in close

Silovs gets across the crease to make a good save

Silovs robs the Tampa forward

goalie having a great game, keeping his team in it

highway robbery by Silovs

Silovs holding down the fort, hope the team can respond

screened shot from the point, deflects on the way in, goes to the other side of the net and Silovs can't quite get there in time. Tampa scores.

Some fans:

Silovs cost them the game, by not stopping that point shot!

Ps- you can replace the goalie's name with any you choose.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good for him.

At this point it’s worth experimenting.

Forbort and Juulsen are going to continue to get targeted by other teams. There’s just not enough ability to move the puck.

I'd assume someone also got sent down to bring up Brannstrom because Desharnais, Aman and Sprong were extras. We have a full roster.

Perhaps Bains?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Announcer:

great save, by Silovs

screened shot from the point, deflects on the way in, goes to the other side of the net and Silovs can't quite get there in time. Tampa scores.

Some fans:

Silovs sucks at puck tracking. It's ok, it's his weakness and that can be taught.

Lack of killer instinct to close out game and lack of finish right now from our top 6 is why we are losing games. But we aren't getting any big saves 

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You mean our inexperienced Rookie GM that only drafts and trades for swedes?

I think until the Petey deal, PA has been ok....... I'm not dhh about disagreeing about the path he went down with the Miller/Horvat situation, but he's made decent moves once he did.  Or he did until this off season, imo.

Starting with the Petey extension, I think he's taken the team back a few steps.......and that's not even inclusive of the horrible OEL move

44 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

You wanna relax a little? Edmonton did worse at the beginning of the season lol. No one ices their full lineup for the bulk of the preseason. It's ridiculous.

Edmonton also has two absolute superstars like Mcdavid and Draisaitl that they were able to turn their season around last year.

Miller and Petey are not anywhere close to their levels of controlling the outcome of a game. Can’t compare apples to oranges.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Announcer:

great save, by Silovs

Some fans:

The long range one timer teed up from the dot?  Its sad that a) people think that was a long range shot and b) that he had much of a chance on it 

That was a one time bomb from close range by a top 10 player in the league

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Silovs sucks at puck tracking. It's ok, it's his weakness and that can be taught.

Lack of killer instinct to close out game and lack of finish right now from our top 6 is why we are losing games. But we aren't getting any big saves 

Imo, we are getting plenty of big saves,.

Biggest issue with the team is the goalies having to make, too many big saves.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Edmonton also has two absolute superstars like Mcdavid and Draisaitl that they were able to turn their season around last year.

Miller and Petey are not anywhere close to their levels of controlling the outcome of a game. Can’t compare apples to oranges.

Miller is on par with Drais, I prefer JT. Put JT with MCgoof and watch the numbers he puts up. JT drives the bus on the Canucks and to say JT is now where close to Drais is funny.

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Here is another one:

11.6 Million a year Bambi on skates better pick it up or we’re going to be crying for years to come. 

Can't argue that. I predict this will get ugly before it gets better. A win in Florida will buy some time for EP but a loss will be enough for Tocchet to loose his shit. 

Synopsis of last night's loss:

1. Juulsen falls down then panics and goes to the front of the net taking nobody and leaving the eventual goal scorer wide open. 1 - 0 TB.

2. Silovs goes to his knees on the rush.  When the drop pass goes back he is still down and out of position and the shooter has half a net. 2 - 0 TB.

3. Silovs stops the puck in close but doesn't cover it and it is jammed through him. 3 - 0 TB.

Petey has several great chances on setups from DeBrusk that he muffs. We eventually get one but it is not enough.  Empty netter.

Game over.

We need more depth on D, we need better goaltending and we need Petey to regain his form. Otherwise we will keep losing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Can't argue that. I predict this will get ugly before it gets better. A win in Florida will buy some time for EP but a loss will be enough for Tocchet to loose his shit. 

Then Tocchet needs to do more than talk, which is something we don't really get much of