[PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning Oct 15

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

He is basically another Kuzmenko or Sprong; both aren't RT type players. Even though I recognize our puck moving ability on the 3rd pair is abysmal, I am not sure how suiting Brannstrom up for a game, just to spend most of it glued to the bench will be a benefit. He should stay in Abby and work on his 200' game. 

7 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

My take is, we won't have the Joshua-Garland line until Joshua comes back, the Petey line hasn't been worked out yet, so it looks like what it is, that will change. I would have rather traded Hronek and kept Zadorov, but that's me. 

Garland is already driving play on his line; him, Hogs, and Raty have looked good. Its the lack of production out of the Top 6 and PP, in addition to lack luster D play that are the issues.

58 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We should have kept Big "Z".  Letting him escape is unfortunate but I understand the $$$$ ask was a bit much for us to swallow but look at what we're left with now on D!

Very concerning and back to square 1 trying to fix the back end with a bunch of "B" and "C" players.

So you're saying we should have just swallowed it because we needed big D?

Sorry I couldn't resist!

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All these predictions are cringe.

We’re 3 games into the season. 🤣

There’s a lot of doom and gloomers who revel in being able to say “I told you so” and will be looking to point back to this. If it all turns around they’ll likely not mention their wild takes 3 games into the season.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

With all due respect, I don't think BO was the answer.  He certainly had a lot more gusto in him than 11-6 and was only kept on board to fill the "C" role because there was no one else worthy enough to get it after Sedin retired as our team was in shambles.  But I do agree with you 100% on 11-6, that he is and always will be, a "regular season soft finesse" player.  So, we either hope he gets back on track and accept what he is - a guy only good enough to pave our way into the playoffs, or his slump continues and we unload him this season while we still can and move on.   In either case, he's never going to be worth $11.6 Million or a tough Playoff opponent IMO - unless something changes radically.

Well if you look at it this way. We moved a near selke calibre consistent 30 goal scoring 2way C for a dman and a pick, then sold at rockbottom on Kuzmenko and picks to get a 2C again.... pretty bassackwards if you ask me. Should kept Horvat and our picks and prospects and sold Kuzmenko who clearly has skating deficiencies at peak value and got our dman and prospect in return. 

This is fucking piss poor asset management.

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

The powerplay is not working. It's not too noticeable in the stats because the 2nd unit has got a couple. First unit looks lost though, and consistently resorts to low percentage passes just to maintain the zone. Not sure what the answer is though...maybe more rush attempts to back up the defense?

Shooting the puck occasionally would help ...  but ofc with a forward playing point there's always the risk of a block and rebound leading to a shorty breakaway

Edited by Googlie

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thats complete bullshit. Petey gets Selke votes. He was 7th 2 years ago. He isn't a one way player who's just judged on points. 

Is it?  Mcdavid and Mackinnon put up massive offence.  Matthews scores 60+ goals and had WAY more selke votes last year than Petey.  Your only argument is Panarin, but he put up 120 points last year.

Don't make it sound like Petey is some kinda perrenial Selke finalist.  He had ONE year where he had 100+ votes (2 years ago). Last year he had 6 (SIX) Selke votes.  3 years ago he had ZERO.  4 years ago he had ZERO.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thats complete bullshit. Petey gets Selke votes. He was 7th 2 years ago. He isn't a one way player who's just judged on points. 

Unfortunately, when you make the big $$$ comes the expectations and more scrutiny.  I would hope EP is a perennial 100+ pt player.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

There’s a lot of doom and gloomers who revel in being able to say “I told you so” and will be looking to point back to this. If it all turns around they’ll likely not mention their wild takes 3 games into the season.

I guess i over estimated the intellegence of the average Canucks fan. There is more dooming now than there was in the Boudreau start or the start last year. We were getting blown out in the Boudreu start. 

"If they turn it around" Dude, the team isn't getting blown out. Even in the only loss in regulation, we were the better team over 2 periods on the road. As seen by the win-o-meter and shot clock. 

As Alain Vignault said just before the Sedin team became elite , "if we keep playing like this , we will win a lot of hockey games". And he was right 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

It’s not total bullshit… an 80 point player that finishes with one or two selke votes(no where near close to contention for selke) is not a 11.6m dollar player… I did an analysis on his contract and we were paying for a player that would be improving as his contract aged… not for a ppg player whose above average defensively 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Blue said:

Breaking News : Petterson isn't Mcdavid 

No he's not, so I'm excluding Mcdavid and Mackinnon because they're much stronger offensively.

Matthews is a tier above too.

Panarin is your comparable and he had a  120 point season.  Petey needs to accomplish similar.  His 6 Selke votes don't make up for a 20 point difference in offence.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not just this. But Pettersson is averaging under 13mins TOI 5v5…….. that’s significantly less than star players around the league.

This is my beef with RT right now, our star forwards are averaging under 13mins TOI 5v5.

Get them the fuck off the PK, give our team a better chance to score 5v5 and  designate your special teams unit to guys like Blueger, Suter etc

we are short changing ourselves on scoring at 5v5 the less we have star players out there.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Petey has such a massive hill to climb.  When he inked that $11.6M deal, he put immense pressure on himself.  Look at it this way...  

Top cap hits in NHL:

1. 13.25M Matthews 

2. 12.6M Mackinnon

3. $12.5M McDavid 

4. $11.643M Panarin

5. $11.6M Pettersson

Scary how high his production and consistency needs to climb to be earning this kinda money.

So produce at 90-100 points to earn his payday?  Seems like where he's at and just entering his prime no sweat