[PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning Oct 15

Rocket-68

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Realistically we probably need two legit top 4D, but we don't have the cap space for it. 

That being said, there are plenty of teams whose top 4 isn't made up of legit top 4D. 

At this point Myers is ideally a 5D, but given what he was willing to take as pay, his extensive experience playing top 4, and his familiarity with the roster, coaches, systems, and so on, he was our best bet. 

Soucy's probably a 4-5 tweener too, Zadorov wasn't played as a top 4D during the regular season. 

Frankly, despite his running out of gas as the season went on, we're missing what Cole brought. 

I agree Coconuts, but we will HOPEFULLY have Willander making his way up in the next couple years, so a bridge in Myers is acceptable. As such, due to cap, we only really NEED one more Top 4 D.

I'd favor LD for longterm fit and cost. Soucy would be an absolute stud 3rd pair LD, and allow us to field Juulsen or Des without any fear for the next couple years.

As such:

24/25

Hughes-Hronek

TRADE-Myers

Soucy- Des/Juulsen

25/26

Hughes-Hronek

TRADE-Myers

Soucy-Willander/Pettersson/Des

26/27

Hughes-Hronek

TRADE-Willander

Soucy (resign)-Pettersson

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

The biggest problem to me is people are arguing over needing to add another top 6 player to help our $11.6m centre. That's nuts! Petey is the player who should be performing regardless yet we now need to find a Guentzel or a Point to play with Petey just to make him good again. 

I agree, but need to find someone to get him going again. With the way Garland has been playing, I'd even think of trying DeBrusk-Petey-Garland

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, the burden of proof is well established.  Without drmko covering the warts, they are a very underwhelming team.  The whole second half and even the success of their playoffs, have shown that continually get outworked and outplayed.  

So it’s not Tocc’s fault then? It’s Demko covering warts? And being outworked and outplayed is a players issue - so again - not Tocc? Learn how to debate man.

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

So it’s not Tocc’s fault then? It’s Demko covering warts? And being outworked and outplayed is a players issue - so again - not Tocc? Learn how to debate man.

If he can't adjust to his goalie being out and can't get his team to play better, then of course he's very much a part of the issue.  

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not sure why you're attempting to make this so personal.  It's a hockey discussion site where we discuss hockey

You’re presenting your personal opinion and I’m expressing that mine is, in my opinion, more nuanced. I’m not sure why that hurts your feelings - it’s just a hockey discussion site. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, XxNaslundxX said:

I totally agree that he was solid 3rd pair guy in the regular season. I just think those bad bounces in the playoffs were mega bad and cost us, like the puck went in off of his head. I admit i was furious and didnt want him back. However in hindsight, I think cole is quite a bit better defensively then forbort/juuls. 

Boom, couldn't agree more. Fans in Utah have been singing his praises and it seems the D misses him here, so far anyways. Thing is I loved Coles game most of the season but his game digressed towards the end of season. This may be an age thing so will be interesting to see how he finishes the season in Utah.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

You’re presenting your personal opinion and I’m expressing that mine is, in my opinion, more nuanced. I’m not sure why that hurts your feelings - it’s just a hockey discussion site. 

Why do other people's opinions bother you to the point of personal insults?

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Why do other people's opinions bother you to the point of personal insults?

Why do you always push the question back to others instead of answering? 

Get over it. We disagree. I think you’re a troll who loves your shitty Oilers and I’m prepared to question your shitty takes. 

Your brain is fine - I just disagree with the opinions it posts here. Happy?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Get over it. We disagree. I think you’re a troll who loves your shitty Oilers and I’m prepared to question your shitty takes. 

Not taking sides, but funny. 

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

I agree, but need to find someone to get him going again. With the way Garland has been playing, I'd even think of trying DeBrusk-Petey-Garland

I would try anything at this point. Even if it's a "demotion" for petey down to the 3rd line. We will not make the playoffs if Petey is stuck at a 60pt pace.

9 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Must be tough when peoples opinions bother you so much.

Matthew Broderick GIF

24 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I hope we don't give up on Des. He was a +3 in 78 games with the Oil last year with 11 points, so I think he can be a solid 6D

He maybe suffering a lack of confidence in his new club, and a different structure

I dont think they have at all.  He’s got some great attributes.  Just getting some work in w the coaches/waiting for next opportunity (which is likely vs FLA)

Life ebbs and flows. Things change. Peaks and valleys. It takes time for some teams and some players to find chemistry and their identity. 

We're currently in a valley. Valleys don't go on forever. We're adjusting to the adversity. We'll be climbing out of the valley toward the top of the mountain soon enough 

We're actually one day closer to turning things around. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1