5v5 vs EDM

SCF 133

SCA 143

HDCF 53

HDCA 57

only 4 more high danger chances at 5v5. 

xGF 12.95

xGA 13.09

Pretty god damn even and considering Pettersson was struggling, EDM got off lucky as fuck especially without a health Demko.

I couldn't care less what a star line says.....the Canucks were thoroughly out worked and outplayed.  If you didn't see that, you weren't watching.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I couldn't care less what a star line says.....the Canucks were thoroughly out worked and outplayed.  If you didn't see that, you weren't watching.

Don’t know what game you watched, but the analytics are telling me I was watching the Canucks 2023-24 post season.

What were you watching, VAN vs VGK?

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

Analytics, gotcha

Facts, gotcha

So PA and JR are idiots for building a department around analytics? Your eye test is almighty and knows better than the thousands and thousands of stats that say one thing, but you say another. All these people who study and report every single movement and event in pro sports are a waste of time and just a bunch of bullshit?

Edited by AnthonyG

16 hours ago, RWJC said:

What is your realistic expectation for this club this season? It’s funny how other teams can be in a similar boat so early on but people completely ignore that and instead piss and shit all over this club as though we’re the anomaly.

its a fair argument to have a high expectation for their play. It’s  altogether completely unfair when after only 3 games played that anyone basically castrate this team. Give it 10-15 and let’s see where they are at then. That’s the standard - by US Thanksgiving. That’d be a realistic time frame for assessment. At this point though, totally premature to form an educated position and displays either a lack of patience or consideration for the club’s potential and the experience you mention. 

I dont think you are one of the fairweather fans, but try and temper your expectations a bit. We already have enough of those fans that rant and rave and inherently want the team to fail just so they can prove their own suggestions true. 

my expectations are last year as a baseline. I don't follow any other team closely enough to know how well they're playing to their identity on any given night (and I highly doubt you do either), so saying other teams are in the same boat just because they have similar win-loss records doesn't move the needle for me. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, tas said:

my expectations are last year as a baseline. I don't follow any other team closely enough to know how well they're playing to their identity on any given night (and I highly doubt you do either), so saying other teams are in the same boat just because they have similar win-loss records doesn't move the needle for me. 

Fair enough. I actually follow a number of other clubs fairly closely and a slow start is endemic for a number of them right now. All I’m saying is just try to enjoy both the ebbs and flows 

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Facts, gotcha

So PA and JR are idiots for building a department around analytics? Your eye test is almighty and knows better than the thousands and thousands of stats that say one thing, but you say another. All these people who study and report every single movement and event in pro sports are a waste of time and just a bunch of bullshit?

Analytics aren't facts, not in hockey.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Analytics aren't facts, not in hockey.

I 100% agree, and I'd go even further and say that virtually any publicly available advanced stat is nigh worthless. 

that said, the in-house analytics that clubs run to evaluate specific areas of the game are valuable and the canucks are no exception.

but the point of advanced stats is to try to quantify and verify something that you've noticed with the eye test, not to fill out a bunch of spreadsheets and try to use that to paint a picture of the product on the ice; that's reserved exclusively for clueless fans and media. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/16/2024 at 7:38 PM, Keslers Ghost said:

Had to work so fast forwarded through the intermissions. I thought he showed a lot more tenacity and effort. oh well.

We need the skill. That’s what’s missing on so many levels. It’s left him. He needs to find it or he won’t be able to live up to it. He needs to find his dangles, shot, speed and creativity. I just don’t see it anymore on any level.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82