Brandon Sutter retires

Coconuts

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Dang, that hits in the feels. Cut down too soon due to long Covid. Happy retirement bruh.... maybe the Canucks will hire him on as a skills coach or something.

He was like a poor man's Kesler which isn't a slight to Sutter.  Solid as a defensive center for us and had a goal scoring touch just like Kesler (though obviously the later at his prime was at elite level) 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

No kidding. Keep in mind, he was a pro athlete in excellent condition too. If it can affect him, it can affect anyone. Personally, I don’t have long term effects from when I had Covid and my immune system is compromised. I feel very fortunate. 

If he had to retire, he did the right thing. You can’t blame the guy for trying to comeback. Obviously he has a deep love for the sport. 

Anyone who didn’t know what a class act he was before that statement he issued certainly does now.

I also hope he can stay in the sport somehow. Maybe on the coaching or front office sides of the league. We could use a little help in the face off circle.

Congratulations on a good career and all the best to you, Brandon.

This is a very classy post for a player that should be respected. Well done for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:40 PM, Miss Korea said:

we should hire him

On 10/1/2023 at 5:51 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Remember one of Sutter's greatest achievement. His nickname for Hughes. Huggy Bear. 

That came to him on the spot while watching him get drafted apparently. 

I think he might make for a good coach one day. 

On 10/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Sign him for one day. Let him retire a Canuck.

Foundational guy.

Maybe offer him as a faceoff coach?  Our FO % still suck.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Foundational guy.

Maybe offer him as a faceoff coach?  Our FO % still suck.  

I love it when the nicknames veer away from adding a “y” or “s” at the end of the last name.  Not that there’s anything wrong with those ones - but names like Huggy (or Juice… or even Virtanen’s “Tuna”) are just way more fun.

17 hours ago, The Duke said:

I love it when the nicknames veer away from adding a “y” or “s” at the end of the last name.  Not that there’s anything wrong with those ones - but names like Huggy (or Juice… or even Virtanen’s “Tuna”) are just way more fun.

Yeah..I hate those nicknames. They’re unoriginal and not creative at all. Honey badger was another great one.

• Cheers 1