[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Cats, Oct 17, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR THE HILLS Game ... Chill Y'all M'Kay

Rocket-68

First Poll of the Season  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Petey has 5 Hat Trick Games including 2 of the Gordie Howe variety this season!
    • JT Miller finishes the season with 50+ goals and 50+ assists for at least 110 points
    • Nikita Zadarov is traded back to the Canucks with Boston retaining in January *snicker*
    • Demko and Slivers win the Jennings Trophy
    • Huggy Bear scores 40+ goals with 80+ assists and DOES NOT win the Norris - because, well Bettman!
    • Brännström wins the Norris
    • Garland picks up 30 goals plus 200 PIM including 5 fighting majors (2 against Marchand)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Lol just calling out a perpetual sh*t disturber 

To the extent that the chicken little's and dooming on here lately is sh*t, then yes , he's sh*t disturbing. Good choice of words. 

• Cheers 2

Game day!

noot noot!

Oh, a nice tasting, big, lovely 2 points, yes please.  🙂

edit - that post just bumped me up to AHL star (whatever that means)  haha  Go nucks Go.

Edited by Canadian_Kanga
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Blue said:

The Canucks right now have the 6th lowest PDO in the league at 96.5

They lead the league in all situation scoring chances

7th in high dangers

Regression from last year when we were PDO merchants haha

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

To the extent that the chicken little's and dooming on here lately is sh*t, then yes , he's sh*t disturbing. Good choice of words. 

Yeah I dont know.

I get that I post some opinions that people dont agree with, although in fairness a lot of people do. I see that as the main purpose of an opinions board, to have debates or to have disagreements. Even your comment. Youre exaggerating other peoples posts by calling them chicken little and dooming, and calling them shit. How is that exaggeration helpful? Why do you feel your in a position to make those claims against other peoples posts?

What I really dont like are posts that try and stir the pot intentionally for no reason. Those to me are way worse than a strong opinion. 

Whoever stirs the shit should have to lick the spoon is what I think.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Yeah I dont know.

I get that I post some opinions that people dont agree with, although in fairness a lot of people do. I see that as the main purpose of an opinions board, to have debates or to have disagreements. Even your comment. Youre exaggerating other peoples posts by calling them chicken little and dooming, and calling them shit. How is that exaggeration helpful? Why do you feel your in a position to make those claims against other peoples posts?

What I really dont like are posts that try and stir the pot intentionally for no reason. Those to me are way worse than a strong opinion. 

Whoever stirs the shit should have to lick the spoon is what I think.

That last sentence is awesome and I’m going to save it for use in friendly banter (not here - IRL) going forward haha - thanks!

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

My concern about this year's team is that they aren't really generating chances and playing cohesive hockey. 

Its taken some amazing solo individual efforts on our goals like Sprong in pre season or the Miller clapper against Calgary. 

We aren't sustaining pressure in their zone leading to goals. 

Until our guys gel and understand the system, we will continue to look discombobulated as we give up scoring chances while not generating offense ourselves. 

Also Heinen looks like a 4th line plug. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you slapped Aman or PDG on the back of his jersey. 

Should go back to their old lines from last year. Suter playing with miller and Boeser. Pettersson with Hoglander and Debrusk. Garland and Blueger playing with joshua when he comes back. Put Raty with Sherwood and Heinen or call up PDG. The lack of chemistry is obvious. Too many offside calls and missed passes.

1 hour ago, Bretzky said:

So is Sprong back in?!

How about on D, Desharnais with Brannstrom?

Lankinen gets the start I think for sure.

Best be a better shooting effort from Petey!

I like Sprong in limited minutes he is more productive than Heinen. Just tell him to come to bench when the other team starts to attack so we can replace him with a more defensively responsible player

6 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Should go back to their old lines from last year. Suter playing with miller and Boeser. Pettersson with Hoglander and Debrusk. Garland and Blueger playing with joshua when he comes back. Put Raty with Sherwood and Heinen or call up PDG. The lack of chemistry is obvious. Too many offside calls and missed passes.

Garland needs to play in top 6. He's the one to get Petey going...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

So far, he's my favorite addition. Great staple on the 4th line for us

So far i like Debrusk and sherwood additions. Sprong is meh but has some points at least. The rest have not been good additions like Heinen, Forbort and Desharnais

Just now, TheMightyQuinns said:

Garland needs to play in top 6. He's the one to get Petey going...

No i rather have Garland play with Joshua. They had great chemistry with Blueger and were our top line last year for stretches. We cant just revolve all our game plan around Pettersson. He is getting paid almost 12 mil, so he should produce with Debrusk and Hoglander

47 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I could be wrong and someone feel free to correct me on this but don't the Panthers have key injuries to Barkov and Tkachuk right now?. 

They do, but weirdly enough that's what worries me 

Just now, Defcon1 said:

No i rather have Garland play with Joshua. They had great chemistry with Blueger and were our top line last year for stretches. We cant just revolve all our game plan around Pettersson. He is getting paid almost 12 mil, so he should produce with Debrusk and Hoglander

I agree, however, DJ is still out...

1 minute ago, Defcon1 said:

I think we are putting too much hope in assuming Garland, Joshua and Blueger will automatically duplicate what they did last year. I mean it could happen, but in the meantime we definitely need to find a way to get Petey going, and right now Garland is our best forward when it comes to offensive control, board battles, forechecking and producing scoring chances.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I think we are putting too much hope in assuming Garland, Joshua and Blueger will automatically duplicate what they did last year. I mean it could happen, but in the meantime we definitely need to find a way to get Petey going, and right now Garland is our best forward when it comes to offensive control, board battles, forechecking and producing scoring chances.

They had chemistry last year and Garland was very productive last year, same as Joshua. Why fix something when it aint broken. We have had problems this year to produce offense because all the lines are a jumbled mess and lack chemistry because of new guys playing on every line. Like why is suter playing on 4th line when he produced last year and Heinen is playing on the 1st line?? No wonder we cant score and Pettersson playing lackdaisial doesnt help either.

It's 

4 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Exactly this about Garland, Blueger, and Joshua. Especially if we're still climbing out of a hole and needing momentum when Joshua returns. Run with what worked but don't overuse it so that it becomes a liability.

That's what happened to the Lotto line. It works selectively. 

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's 

Exactly this about Garland, Blueger, and Joshua. Especially if we're still climbing out of a hole and needing momentum when Joshua returns. Run with what worked but don't overuse it so that it becomes a liability.

That's what happened to the Lotto line. It works selectively. 

We are definitely missing Joshua. His physicality and grit is missed sorely and hope he gets back into the lineup soon.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Defcon1 said:

We are definitely missing Joshua. His physicality and grit is missed sorely and hope he gets back into the lineup soon.

Definitely, on top of trying to find our game, chemistry and identity. Hope he's the right spark at the right time.