[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Cats, Oct 17, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR THE HILLS Game ... Chill Y'all M'Kay

Rocket-68

First Poll of the Season  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Petey has 5 Hat Trick Games including 2 of the Gordie Howe variety this season!
    • JT Miller finishes the season with 50+ goals and 50+ assists for at least 110 points
    • Nikita Zadarov is traded back to the Canucks with Boston retaining in January *snicker*
    • Demko and Slivers win the Jennings Trophy
    • Huggy Bear scores 40+ goals with 80+ assists and DOES NOT win the Norris - because, well Bettman!
    • Brännström wins the Norris
    • Garland picks up 30 goals plus 200 PIM including 5 fighting majors (2 against Marchand)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.

2 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Our PP cant even setup in the offensive zone yet panthers just walk around passing the puck freely and moving towards the net easily with no obstruction. Pathetic defense by Canucks. Good thing Lankinen has been playing great, could have been 5-2 FLA

Wel on the last PP Boeser missed the target in a free position and Hogs has a look as well...

Lankinen has been great, but think we have had as many looks or close to... DeBrusk have had a fair few grade A chances

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

After being drafted in 2014, Forsling played two full years in Sweden, then bounced between Chicago  and Rockford for three full seasons, then was waived by Chicago and picked up by Florida who parked him in the AHL for a full season. Then, in his first full NHL season, he only played 43 games for Florida. It wasn't until he was 25 that he played a complete season in the NHL. But sure, blame Benning for not being able to see seven years into the future. 

Cmon Benning sucked and we knew Forsling was good. Who did he trade him for as a prospect? Glen Clendinning?? A no name scrub off Chicago? I was pissed about that trade and i think he was lost when he went to Chicago. I think if Canucks kept him, he would still be playing for us as a top pairing D.

2 minutes ago, Deez said:

TIL Boeser is the longest tenured Canuck lol

He was from the 2015 draft? Crazy to think that was indeed almost 10 years ago. But yeah, makes sense he has been here the longest. For all the complaints about the team, we've overhauled it numerous times throughout the years. It is kind of sad to think Horvat is gone already too. Despite all the memes about him, he was pretty good.

Just now, Defcon1 said:

Cmon Benning sucked and we knew Forsling was good. Who did he trade him for as a prospect? Glen Clendinning?? A no name scrub off Chicago? I was pissed about that trade and i think he was lost when he went to Chicago. I think if Canucks kept him, he would still be playing for us as a top pairing D.

Benning sucked at trades. Didn’t have a clue how to win a trade.

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Not so bad if you have adequate freezing ... I've been getting one monthly for 2 years now to try to clear a macular cyst

Sorry to hear that. I had a macular tear that required surgery where the doctor put an air bubble in my eye and then I had to remain face down for 72 hours. Do you have any idea how hard it is to remain face down for that long, especially when sleeping? The tear healed but I now have a macular pucker that I have to live with. I hope you have better luck.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Disgruntler said:

Spank me and call me weenie, but... isn't the current conversation around finding line partners for Petey the same one we had for Horvat all those years? Where's he now?

Pettersson is just battling himself. Debrusk is fine for his line. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Has Brannstrom remained unremarkable? In all the good ways we hope for from a dman?

8:16 ice time, 15 shifts. 0+/-

Pretty safe.   No real practice with the team 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

He was from the 2015 draft? Crazy to think that was indeed almost 10 years ago. But yeah, makes sense he has been here the longest. For all the complaints about the team, we've overhauled it numerous times throughout the years. It is kind of sad to think Horvat is gone already too. Despite all the memes about him, he was pretty good.

We rebuild the team without a rebuild.  Lol

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Boes definitely had a down year before last, but I suppose that's understandable with what was going on with him personally (Dad). He has bounced back and I like having him on the team. I just wanted Horvat to have a little bit more bite. He's a good player and seems to be having good success on Long Isle.

Edited by Deez

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Has Brannstrom remained unremarkable? In all the good ways we hope for from a dman?

havent really noticed him. had a bad giveway early in the 2nd but hasnt been out of place imo. 

• Cheers 1