[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Cats, Oct 17, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR THE HILLS Game ... Chill Y'all M'Kay

Rocket-68

First Poll of the Season  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Petey has 5 Hat Trick Games including 2 of the Gordie Howe variety this season!
    • JT Miller finishes the season with 50+ goals and 50+ assists for at least 110 points
    • Nikita Zadarov is traded back to the Canucks with Boston retaining in January *snicker*
    • Demko and Slivers win the Jennings Trophy
    • Huggy Bear scores 40+ goals with 80+ assists and DOES NOT win the Norris - because, well Bettman!
    • Brännström wins the Norris
    • Garland picks up 30 goals plus 200 PIM including 5 fighting majors (2 against Marchand)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.

1 hour ago, Defcon1 said:

So far i like Debrusk and sherwood additions. Sprong is meh but has some points at least. The rest have not been good additions like Heinen, Forbort and Desharnais

Generally agree, but I think Sprong's speed and shooting will become a factor once he gets to gel on a line.  As for Desharnais, I strongly suspect Tock-it will only use him as needed.  he'd be more of an asset during playoffs for obvious reasons but is more likely to be a liability during regular season. I still question them tying up $$$'s for him, but understand they ran out of money and he's about all they could afford.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"Too"

(try harder)

To each his/her own but I just don't get all the negativity some bring. Why?

I dont mean anything by it...other than i saw that post and immediately saw scam running through my mind...

"i pay who i want" etc...

Edited by PeteyBOI
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

So is Brannstrom playing tonight? Interested to see how he does with this call up. I think our backend needs more mobility past Hughes/Hronek. Plus we have been lacking in offence so hopefully this is a good change.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

I dont mean anything by it...other than i saw that post and immediately saw scam running through my mind...

It’s a pretty well-established little side thing @Rocket-68 does and if ever they do win I don’t think we’d have any way of knowing regardless so why poopoo on a kind gesture and some whimsy?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

It’s a pretty well-established little side thing @Rocket-68 does and if ever they do win I don’t think we’d have any way of knowing regardless so why poopoo on a kind gesture and some whimsy?

listen as someone with bi-polar i can be scammed pretty easily... what looks like a scam to me might be innocent but how am i supposed to know?

you read the first few lineS and i read scam...

and whats well established, isnt well established for everyone... just everyone in the clique

Edited by PeteyBOI

15 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

I dont mean anything buy it...other than i saw that post and immidiately saw scam running through my mind...

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner ... having been removed from my ignore list, @PeteyBOI set a land speed record of 1 game before being placed back onto it. 

You must get scammed a lot or just have the general disposition of Eeyore (Google is your friend) on everything that comes across your path. 

How you managed to read that and the 30+ other postings I made each and every GDT I made and think that there is a scam somewhere, LOL. "Hey guys, if we hit the jackpot on a ticket I buy, then I will share a little piece with everyone that posts here ... except the residents of my ignore list." ... in your mind that somehow is translating to me scamming you, ... well ...

Hysterical Laughter Gif

@PeteyBOI your name has been laminated to my Ignore List so you never have to worry about getting scammed in the highly unlikely event that the ticket hits and I pinged you with "hey, want some free money"

I will keep ole @PeteyBOI in mind in the happy event a ticket does hit for a special swag bag --> 5 lbs of fresh oats that have been through a horse exactly once

Edited by Rocket-68

Just now, PeteyBOI said:

listen as someone with bi-polar i can be scammed pretty easily... what looks like a scam to me might be innocent but how am i supposed to know?

So just don't engage/buy in?

11 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

It is why I post the ticket in advance, easily enough to check and then say "hey, I posted, am I included?" ... Fun times!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

PS: Nothing would make me happier than to be able to take say $1M or $3M or ??? and say "here ladies and gents, catch". What a fun game at Rogers Arena that would be for everyone involved. 

Anyway, enough of this, back to the Canucks. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner ... having been removed from my ignore list, @PeteyBOI set a land speed record of 1 game before being placed back onto it. 

You must get scammed a lot or just have the general disposition of Eeyore (Google is your friend) on everything that comes across your path. 

How you managed to read that and the 30+ other postings I made each and every GDT I made and think that there is a scam somewhere, LOL. "Hey guys, if we hit the jackpot on a ticket I buy, then I will share a little piece with everyone that posts here ... except the residents of my ignore list." ... in your mind that somehow is translating to me scamming you, ... well ...

Hysterical Laughter Gif

@PeteyBOI your name has been laminated to my Ignore List so you never have to worry about getting scammed in the highly unlikely event that the ticket hit and I pinged you with "hey, want some free money"

I will keep ole @PeteyBOI in mind in the happy event a ticket does hit for a special swag bag --> 5 lbs of fresh oats that have been through a horse exactly once

kinda rude tbh... what should i expect from people, that are seeking validation by giving away free money....

NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE, im glad to be on the ignore list

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Guy with defensive issues set to make his debut with his new team against the defending champs with a tendency to play a grindy game. He's going to be tested and tested early. Lol. Excited to see him in action. Another d-man I was excited about at his draft who hasn't panned out. I am really bad at gauging d-men. Which has me a tad worried about Willander who I was hyped about pre-draft.

16 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

It is why I post the ticket in advance, easily enough to check and then say "hey, I posted, am I included?" ... Fun times!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

PS: Nothing would make me happier than to be able to take say $1M or $3M or ??? and say "here ladies and gents, catch". What a fun game at Rogers Arena that would be for everyone involved. 

Anyway, enough of this, back to the Canucks. 

hey! I posted, am I included?

Man wouldnt that be something! Everyone always dreams of who they would help financially if they won the lottery. I never stopped and thought about how I could make a random strangers life better though.

Good on ya!

25 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

and whats well established, isnt well established for everyone... just everyone in the clique

Thank you for sharing your rationale - much respect and I understand your perspective better now. My use of well established was not intended to be an appeal to seniority or any sort of clique - just an acknowledgement that Rocket has been doing this for a little while now and it’s just a little extra fun for us all - yourself included!

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

hey! I posted, am I included?

Man wouldnt that be something! Everyone always dreams of who they would help financially if they won the lottery. I never stopped and thought about how I could make a random strangers life better though.

Good on ya!

Ya, my motto / stand in life is "to realize a dream that lifts those around me" ... very close to doing that in RL ... but a lotto win would be so much fun. There really isn't any difference between $25M or $30M for 99.9% of the population so easy to be Santa Claus in that hypothetical. 

Yes, you ... checking my ignore list ... are included. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’m looking forward to tonight’s game. It’s time for EP 40 to shine. When he plays well the team wins.

He will.  It's why Demko's on the trip - not to play, but to utilize his degree in Applied Psychology in working with Petey.  😁

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

What a stupid thing of me to say - I just remembered Rocket posts the numbers so obviously if we had interest in checking we would know haha! I suppose my sentiment was - what’s the harm in long shot dreams and who here would honestly hold Rocket to task if it ever did happen? It’s just fun to dream. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

So is Brannstrom playing tonight? Interested to see how he does with this call up. I think our backend needs more mobility past Hughes/Hronek. Plus we have been lacking in offence so hopefully this is a good change.

It will be nice to finally see what P.A.'s "boy" has in the tank + adding another Swede to the line-up is obviously the solution to our ailments and should jettison us to the top of the standings in no time.