[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Cats, Oct 17, 7PM EDT (4PM PST), The SKY IS FALLING, RUN FOR THE HILLS Game ... Chill Y'all M'Kay

Rocket-68

First Poll of the Season  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Petey has 5 Hat Trick Games including 2 of the Gordie Howe variety this season!
    • JT Miller finishes the season with 50+ goals and 50+ assists for at least 110 points
    • Nikita Zadarov is traded back to the Canucks with Boston retaining in January *snicker*
    • Demko and Slivers win the Jennings Trophy
    • Huggy Bear scores 40+ goals with 80+ assists and DOES NOT win the Norris - because, well Bettman!
    • Brännström wins the Norris
    • Garland picks up 30 goals plus 200 PIM including 5 fighting majors (2 against Marchand)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Ya, my motto / stand in life is "to realize a dream that lifts those around me" ... very close to doing that in RL ... but a lotto win would be so much fun. There really isn't any difference between $25M or $30M for 99.9% of the population so easy to be Santa Claus in that hypothetical. 

Yes, you ... checking my ignore list ... are included. 

Okay, so this is really lovely!  I think your game day threads are great!  I don't usually post in them, I prefer to just focus on watching the game (and usually recording and watching later)... but I just have to participate in your neat scheme!!  Thanks for the extra entertainment.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, J-23 said:

We need someone who can move the puck on the other defensive pairings. We aren’t generating much offence with the second and third defensive pairings.

Brannstrom, Hughes and Hronek need to all be on separate lines.

Hughes - Myers

Soucy - Hronek

Brannstrom - Desharnais

Absolutely - I heard on one of the pods today that canucks rank last in the league on 5:5 offense when any pair but Hughes / Hronek are on the ice. 

Been pretty critical of Branny based on previous watching with other teams and he's deffo in for a tough challenge with no practice time and a long long flight and travel to get to FL. So I think its important to give him at least another chance if he does go full Pouliot. 

I think he is naturally right sided - so be interested to see who plays on their offside. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I hate these lines, hopefully we can get a win though.

Debrusk over Bains on 2nd.....top 6 would be good then. The bottom 6; needs a full revamp

D is as required; can't play Bran with another new comer in Des

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Interesting lineup if true - i kinda like it.  I think that Hogz and Garland have been our best wingers after Brock and give Petey the best chance of generating some Offense and getting some confidence. 

The 3/4 lines look very setup to be defensive responsible to help protect the suspect D lineup.  

Also glad to see Bains getting an extended look with the Miller line - if he can settle and play his AHL game on that line he could be a really great add.

• Like 1

According to Brendan Batchelor on twitter the Canucks lines tonight are 

Höglander. Pettersson. Garland.
Bains. Miller. Boeser.

DeBrusk. Blueger. Sherwood.

Suter. Åman. Heinen.

Hughes. Hronek.

Brännström. Myers.

Soucy. Desharnais.

Lankinen

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok Aman prove me wrong. Get a Hattrick tonight. No pressure. 😉

Aman is the greatest offensive player to ever grace the NHL. So glad we give him opportunity after opportunity. His ceiling is so high!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Debrusk over Bains on 2nd.....top 6 would be good then. The bottom 6; needs a full revamp

D is as required; can't play Bran with another new comer in Des

I think Bains played well last game.

I am just disappointed that Rick has already given up on Debrusk and Pettersson. They generated scoring chances last game.

• Cheers 2