[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Chicken Hawks, Oct 22, 8:15 EDT (5:15 PST), The PLUCK THE FEATHERS & BEAT THE STUFFING OUTTA DA HAWKS Game!!!

Rocket-68

WOOHOO HOCKEY GAME on Nov 19th  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Able to Attend the Game on Nov 19 in Person if you win the ticket?

• Hell Yes, I will walk all the way from Edmonton if I had to singing Hallelujah all the way!
    • I would love to but unfortunately I live too far away, plus my significant other frowns on meeting strangers over the internet so CANNOT have my my name thrown into the hat.

11 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Not hating the start time on this one. Gives me time to get home, walk the dog, and maybe miss a minute or two. That aside, cmon canucks, go for the kill on this one!!!!

It’s almost perfect for me.  I work early in the morning and have kids who want to see the game.  This start time allows me (and them) to get a proper nights sleep! Lol

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

It’s almost perfect for me.  I work early in the morning and have kids who want to see the game.  This start time allows me (and them) to get a proper nights sleep! Lol

I work 8-4:30, so not "early morning" but it does give me a bit of time. So I totally agree with you. And I'm a guy who needs his sleep.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Fire alarm has gone off twice today. Hoping that the alarm doesn't go off during the game or when I get some sleep. 

Fellow tenant says when it rains heavily the alarm tends to go off. Swell. 

I told Alflives when he pulled the first alarm, it wasn't funny.  But he had to do it again.

(yes, I'm a snitch)

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

With Lankinen’s last shutout win, and us not wanting to be perceived as taking Chicago lightly, and having seen Bedard embarrass some goalies from longer range numerous times with his release - I gotta assume Lankinen gets the start 

Sure ... 

It's also a good opportunity for Silovs to get a confidence win and give him some much needed momentum given Chicago's goals against.

Also a good opportunity to keep Lankinen in there and get another wim since we don't play until Saturday. 

On 10/20/2024 at 10:27 PM, Rocket-68 said:

Lotto Section

Here is the lotto ticket although the draw is this coming Tuesday. While the rules are probably well established, will post for clarity:

1) I am the sole arbiter on who gets what if anything, LOL, but I am a generous sort

2) Have to be posting in this thread for a chance at a small piece of the big prize if we should hit 7/7 numbers

3) I reserve the right to add someone to my ignore list retroactively, proactively or for any damn reason at all

4) Those on my ignore list will be properly compensated for posting in this thread even though buckets of shekels shall not rain down on them should the unlikely even happen. So to not have those souls go without, I will cobble together a swag bag consisting of:

• A toilet brush and busted bucket
  • A pint of prairie oysters
  • An autographed picture of the group cashing in on the lotto game ... woohoo
  • A happy meal gift certificate ... hey, the rest will be dining at Joe Forte's pregame so have to at least provide a meal as compensation

image.png.03d70561ca62f934d0a08f2c797eb094.png

Hockey Ticket Section

Up for grabs is a ticket to the Nov 19th Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers game. Yes, for reals. The ticket is in Section 110, Row 16, one of Seats 103 - 106.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4f827b6cc4de6d975918b020b16a82ae.png

Rules:

1) Most important one - make sure you are able to attend the game if your name is drawn

2) Must be posting in this thread AND answer the poll question in the affirmative ... I would hate to have an empty seat beside me

3) Must have a Ticketmaster account so the ticket can be pushed over 

... that is pretty much it, nothing more ...

How the winnner will be decided:

• After the end of the Canucks @ Black Hawks game, a numbered list of all eligible participants will be created. 
  • List will be password protected and sent to @-dlc-
  • @Ribs will then randomly draw a number between 1 and the number of eligible participants
  • Ribs will post the winner and list in the next GDT I will do on Oct 26th
  • I will push the ticket over to the winner's Ticketmaster account right away

Fairest way I could think of to give away a ticket is to have mods do it ... 😁

Note: Deb and Ribs might tweak the "how a winner will be decided" slightly but the gist is there.

Winner can also post receiving the ticket and preen outrageously at their good fortune to the rest of the CFF gang.

Edit: those that cannot make the game will be entered into a Timmies draw ... how much, we'll, more than a few shekels... $50 

Just have to figure out the gosh darn digital thingamabob dohickey. I am not very technical ... and to think I was the Senior Biz Analyst for a $600B digital transformation project for a major stock exchange.

@Rocket-68 for president.... that's it...

Can't go to games, but you're a true hero... Good on you amigo 🎖️

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Petey is getting crucified this season so far,guess with big salary comes big expectations,This fan base can so impatient!

After over 50 years of waiting for a cup do you really blame them for being impatient?

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

New PP lines. Obviously Bains is a placeholder for Miller, but Garland is getting some PP1 time which is much deserved

I’d like to see Brannstrom on PP2 instead of Heinen

Suter should be in instead of heinen. Not sure what they like there from him.

24 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Petey is getting crucified this season so far,guess with big salary comes big expectations,This fan base can so impatient!

I know right, at least give him 50 games to score a 5 on 5 goal, before you get impatient. 

• Haha 1

@Rocket-68 thank you for a great game day thread and your generosity. I wish I could go to games in person but a weekday trip from Kamloops is a bit too far unfortunately. Canucks need to go to work and put in the effort. A solid 60 minutes and this one is ours. Small lapses or taking a period off and Chicago could take advantage. I think Lankinen is going to give us a better chance to win but I trust the coaches to decide if Silovs is up to the task. Lots of hits, dominate the boards and keep Bedard off the scoreboard should get the job done. Go Canucks go!!

• Cheers 1