[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Chicken Hawks, Oct 22, 8:15 EDT (5:15 PST), The PLUCK THE FEATHERS & BEAT THE STUFFING OUTTA DA HAWKS Game!!!

Rocket-68

WOOHOO HOCKEY GAME on Nov 19th  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Able to Attend the Game on Nov 19 in Person if you win the ticket?

• Hell Yes, I will walk all the way from Edmonton if I had to singing Hallelujah all the way!
    • I would love to but unfortunately I live too far away, plus my significant other frowns on meeting strangers over the internet so CANNOT have my my name thrown into the hat.

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So glad you're ok. Take it easy for awhile...pace yourself. I tended to push it too much too soon.

Not sure if you saw or missed my gall bladder surgery story? My daughter picked me up from the hospital to stay with her overnight. I was still woozy...but they rigged up a stream for me to catch the Canucks' game (I insisted on going home to watch it if they couldn't get it...I'm stubborn like that).

They set me up in their lovely room....game on, all good. What I didn't know was that they had the game going downstairs and it was slightlyr ahead of my stream, which was lagging behind. So they knew JT had just scored (and that I'd react).

They rushed upstairs to capture my reaction, knowing I'd be celebrating (my daughter recording me on her phone, which I didn't know). They asked how I was doing (to fake the reason for being up there). Then JT scored and....well....my reaction...was to spring up in bed, punch in the air with a woo and knock a mounted overhead light off their bedroom wall, busting it.

I felt so bad.

They were too busy hysterically laughing. The video's ridiculously funny.

D'oh

But the memories are priceless. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

They probably just thought, “Classic Deb (Mom)!”

Yeah, I’m sore but it’s not as bad as it was the 5 days I was at the hospital waiting for surgery. I’m hopeful I’ll start recovering fast now that it’s out of me. Just gonna take it slow. 

Thanks for the laugh!

Yep, it's like they know me (which is why they managed to record it....knowing I'd lose it)

I'm glad you're on the mend. I wonder if Tom Petty wrote "Waiting Is The Hardest Part" in a hospital!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 2:27 PM, Rocket-68 said:

Lotto Section

Here is the lotto ticket although the draw is this coming Tuesday. While the rules are probably well established, will post for clarity:

1) I am the sole arbiter on who gets what if anything, LOL, but I am a generous sort

2) Have to be posting in this thread for a chance at a small piece of the big prize if we should hit 7/7 numbers

3) I reserve the right to add someone to my ignore list retroactively, proactively or for any damn reason at all

4) Those on my ignore list will be properly compensated for posting in this thread even though buckets of shekels shall not rain down on them should the unlikely even happen. So to not have those souls go without, I will cobble together a swag bag consisting of:

• A toilet brush and busted bucket
  • A pint of prairie oysters
  • An autographed picture of the group cashing in on the lotto game ... woohoo
  • A happy meal gift certificate ... hey, the rest will be dining at Joe Forte's pregame so have to at least provide a meal as compensation

image.png.03d70561ca62f934d0a08f2c797eb094.png

Hockey Ticket Section

Up for grabs is a ticket to the Nov 19th Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers game. Yes, for reals. The ticket is in Section 110, Row 16, one of Seats 103 - 106.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4f827b6cc4de6d975918b020b16a82ae.png

Rules:

1) Most important one - make sure you are able to attend the game if your name is drawn

2) Must be posting in this thread AND answer the poll question in the affirmative ... I would hate to have an empty seat beside me

3) Must have a Ticketmaster account so the ticket can be pushed over 

... that is pretty much it, nothing more ...

How the winnner will be decided:

• After the end of the Canucks @ Black Hawks game, a numbered list of all eligible participants will be created. 
  • List will be password protected and sent to @-dlc-
  • @Ribs will then randomly draw a number between 1 and the number of eligible participants
  • Ribs will post the winner and list in the next GDT I will do on Oct 26th
  • I will push the ticket over to the winner's Ticketmaster account right away

Fairest way I could think of to give away a ticket is to have mods do it ... 😁

Note: Deb and Ribs might tweak the "how a winner will be decided" slightly but the gist is there.

Winner can also post receiving the ticket and preen outrageously at their good fortune to the rest of the CFF gang.

Edit: those that cannot make the game will be entered into a Timmies draw ... how much, we'll, more than a few shekels... $50 

Just have to figure out the gosh darn digital thingamabob dohickey. I am not very technical ... and to think I was the Senior Biz Analyst for a $600B digital transformation project for a major stock exchange.

Looking forward to meeting you on the 19th!

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

We haven’t had that spirit here since Burr. I loved it then, and I love it now. Sherwood is a beauty! I’m also a huge fan of his hitting game. Something this term sorely needed. 

As for tonight’s game, I’m finally out of the hospital and back home with my family recovering from successful gallbladder surgery, and I’m looking forward to watching this one live from my couch absolutely loaded on painkillers. 

IMG_5966.gif.27db6a2081ccdd3e6d2729b3e60dfdf9.gif

Be well! Wishing you a great recovery! Always comforting to be out of the hospital and back home!

The more I think about the season, the more I believe both our offense and defense will continue to come together, adjust, and find their identity. They obviously needed more time. I also believe Petey will find his game as well. We've seen it before. He's too young and too talented. We also have Joshua coming back as well. If we're really finding our stride by November and December, we'll be better poised to sustain in the second half. There's a lot to look forward to in this regard. 

That said ...

The big challenge for us is in net. It's no secret that Demko stole us a lot of games, kept us in the hunt, and was a huge difference maker. I'm glad Lankinen is finding his game and we have good momentum but we also can't afford to let Silovs get too cold either. Especially if he needs to fix his issues in real time. Collectively we need both guys to be difference makers.

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

What're the lineups for tonight's game?!?!??

Tonight's Lineups:

974069-hm-weed-drinks-gif-05.gif

Coach: Rickett Tochett THC (The Head Coach)

Center: J.T.Miller CBG (Can Be Berry Berry Goooo-oood)

Left Wing: Jess-He-Kan Pettersson CBD (Can Be Deadly)

Right Wing: Brock Boeser CBC (Canna Boeser Count 50?)

Captain and Left Def:  Q-Win Huge CBN (Can Be 'Nother Norris)

Right Def: Tyler Myers GAL (Giant-At-Large) CBG? (Chaos-Born Giraffe?)

Goal: Kevin Lankinen THC-V (This Holds-Back Calories Vezinally)

Game Time:   4:20!

18 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Man oh man do I miss the salad days of the Canucks vs Hawks rivalry from the 2008 - 2012 ish days. Some absolutely solid gold hockey. I went to a number of those games live and the roof had to be strapped down in advance.

WoW, for D if we could find a Bieksa and on F a Kesler, pluck anyone off of this team not named Miller, Petey, Boeser, Huggy, Myers, Joshua and Honker and I would bet @RU SERIOUS house we would win the cup this year.

... la-sigh ... but to dream ...

but, but, but,  my home "was" my castle..........the-bugs-bunny-and-roadrunner-movie-bugs

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Tonight's Lineups:

Coach: Rickett Tochett THC (The Head Coach)

Center: J.T.Miller CBG (Can Be Berry Berry Goooo-oood)

Left Wing: Jess-He-Kan Pettersson CBD (Can Be Deadly)

Right Wing: Brock Boeser CBC (Canna Boeser Count 50?)

Captain and Left Def:  Q-Win Huge CBN (Can Be 'Nother Norris)

Right Def: Tyler Myers GAL (Giant-At-Large) CBG? (Chaos-Born Giraffe?)

Goal: Kevin Lankinen THC-V (This Holds-Back Calories Vezinally)

Game Time:   4:20!

You forgot:

Biggest 11-6 on the team:  11-6

44 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

and what was it he was doing in this clip?

Good to see him on the ice. Hopefully he doesn't get any more set backs.

He’s doing some resistance workouts.

If you look closely there’s a band around his waist and the trainer is pulling out on it.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1