Nash-Van Mid season trade (Proposal)

Hey ya'll

So, if Nashville continues their current trajectory for this season, there are definitely some pieces that could help us going forward. 

I think most would agree our top need is a puck moving, shutdown defender capable of logging 18-20 minutes ago night. This isn't addressing that. 

But our 2nd need is a RH 2 way centerman capable of playing a shutdown role, that's good on the draw and is a pain in the ass to play against.

So.. 

VAN: C.Sissons (cap hit of 2.86 per this season and next), M.McCarron 

Nash: P.Suter, D.Sprong 2025 2nd rounder, maybe B level prospect (L.Karlsson)?

I'm not sure how we would be able to work the cap, so we were still able to add a dman. 

Nashville has some prospects right on the cusp of making the lineup. This would open up some opportunity for players like Svechkov, L'Heureux, Kemell, Edstrom. 

This would make us a lot harder to play against. Adds an important Right handed centerman for this year and next. Also, some additional grit and size for the 4th line. This would make us an extremely hard out in the playoffs. 

Debrusk -Miller- Boeser

Joshua - Pete - Garland

Hogs - Sissons - Sherwood 

Heinen - Blueger - McCarron

Honestly like the looks of every line. Every line has skill, an annoyance for the opposition, speed and grit. 

Thoughts? 

I don’t know Sisson’s game that much, but don’t that seem like a bit much to give up? Suter is a solid all around player who can play top 6 minutes, or bottom 6 center. Is Sissons that much better than him to be worth giving away a 2nd and a prospect?

2 hours ago, Pianoman said:

I don’t know Sisson’s game that much, but don’t that seem like a bit much to give up? Suter is a solid all around player who can play top 6 minutes, or bottom 6 center. Is Sissons that much better than him to be worth giving away a 2nd and a prospect?

I thought Sissons played excellent in the series against us last year, although he had one goal, i thought he was a factor every game. Tenacious. 54% in the dot. Plays 15-16 minutes a night against the top opposition. I think a line of Hogs-Sissons-Sherwood would be fast, hit a lot, good on the forecheck, play matchups, annoying other top stars & freeing the other lines to match against other inferior lines would be a plus. 

McCarron is also playing as a center right now, but Blueger would likely keep that spot. He would just add additional size to our lineup on the 4th line. 

I think for both players you could justify giving up a 2nd round pick, especially with them being signed for the following year. 

For nashville it could make sense getting out of those contracts for the following season and allowing some internal growth for their upcoming prospects.