[Waivers] October 2, 2023

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The game is played on the ice, not on a spreadsheet.  Bottom line is that it was obvious to anyone who was watching that the way that lady floater was playing wasn't acceptable at any point during his time here.  He was worse than useless.

And the spreadsheet shows what he did in the dzone ON the ice.

Where the hell do you think the numbers came from? 🙃

Edited by AnthonyG

1 hour ago, 27 Percent said:

For real. Props on you finding a video of Loui registering an NHL point. These

No kidding. But you'd think there would be video all over ifctje 

52 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Injuries didnt help and his utilization was not what we signed him for. Defensive responsibilities and played around 30% of his time with the twins in his first season, which was reduced more and more year by year. He played a strong defensive game, hard to shine offensively if start the majority of your shifts 200ft away from the net

Sorry, I can't possibly agree with any defending of LE's time here. He mailed it in, particularly after year two of his contract. 

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

And the spreadsheet shows what he did in the dzone ON the ice.

Where the hell do you think the numbers came from? 🙃

Some analytics dweebs's computer.  The guy clearly was playing like complete trash in his own zone and should have been in the AHL by the second year of his contract.    Using these to try to defend this worthless bum clearly shows why these numbers have absolutely zero value for player evaluation.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

He likely bounces back now that Calgary no longer has the Lucic and Sutter causing problems in their room.

unfortunately I agree 

I would love for Calgary to struggle again and let us have a better shot at playoffs but I see Calgary rebounding….i think we can still take them though. 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He didn't actually, Elias Pettersson is actually forever tied to prestigious Canuck king Loui Eriksson 👑

Assisted on his first goal, was instrumental in being part of his first assist

Long live king Loui 👑

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201810030VAN.html

He will be fine as long as he eats well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

No kidding. But you'd think there would be video all over ifctje 

Sorry, I can't possibly agree with any defending of LE's time here. He mailed it in, particularly after year two of his contract. 

Defensively he was pretty good and it is irrefutable, offensively yes, he was a black hole. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lucic causes zero issues in the room and is a very well liked player by teammates, Sutter sure, but enough with the Lucic slander 😂

Most players would prefer to not have their franchise disgraced by his inability to act like a real man on and off the ice.  He's lucky that he's never been in a respectable organization.  Calgary is going to be much better off without that dirtbag.

Most players would prefer to not have their franchise disgraced by his inability to act like a real man on and off the ice.  He's lucky that he's never been in a respectable organization.  Calgary is going to be much better off without that dirtbag.

Except most players love Looch and get along great with him.

What verifiable insight do you have into any hockey locker room in the league? How many players have you spoken to who have stated this? 

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What about Jake Bernard-Docker from Ottawa?? Just placed on waivers. 

Allvin has to be thinking about that one.  

But Columbus must be thinking about what to do with Peeke as well.  Can’t see Columbus wanting anyone off our roster - it would be for prospects / picks and maybe a player just to even out the cap.  

Columbus actually has cap space and Beauvillier could work… but only if we’re paying a premium for Peeke. 

On one hand, I can see Allvin standing pat after a busy offseason and playing the waiting game with Bear… but on the other, he’s come so far. Must he frustrating to have his head coach basically declare musical chairs as the plan on the back end.

CGY C Ben Jones  is a surprising name/option according to Flames blogger Trevor Neufeld:

“Clarke Bishop, Ben Jones, Colton Poolman and Oskar Dansk will report to the AHL squad to start preparing for the regular season. The biggest surprise was Jones. The 6’0”, 190lb center plays a hard game. 

The 24 year old center made a strong case to slot in on the fourth line at camp this time around. The former Niagara Icedog put up a respectable 17 goals and 54 points in 71 games last season on the Flames’ affiliate.”

We already have decent C depth for Abby though so I can’t see us claiming him.

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Allvin has to be thinking about that one.  

But Columbus must be thinking about what to do with Peeke as well.  Can’t see Columbus wanting anyone off our roster - it would be for prospects / picks and maybe a player just to even out the cap.  

Columbus actually has cap space and Beauvillier could work… but only if we’re paying a premium for Peeke. 

On one hand, I can see Allvin standing pat after a busy offseason and playing the waiting game with Bear… but on the other, he’s come so far. Must he frustrating to have his head coach basically declare musical chairs as the plan on the back end.

I'm sure the Canucks would love to add Peeke's size on D, but if Bernard-Docker can be had for free, that might be too good an opportunity for Allvin to pass up.  Might just be determined by seeing if he falls to us or not.  Anyone have any idea where we stand in the waiver claim pecking order as of now?  Is it the same as the draft order?