[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

IS THE GAME STREAMING ONLINE?

gioated-family-guy.gif

Read it’s supposed to be on Canucks.com, I will believe it when I see it :classic_dry:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

gioated-family-guy.gif

Omg ... not this gif ... hockey is back !!! 👾

P.s. I hope you have something good queued up for Hronek's first of many as a Canuck.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

1. It was suggested that Myers isn't an NHL dman. 

2. I said he was and that he's looked worst then he is because he's had to play big minutes and take tough matchups, which he shouldn't be doing. 

3. You said that we were a bottom 5 team and bad defensively too (separate statements). 

4. I said that I wish we were a bottom 5 team as we finished 11th and 15th from the bottom. 

Myers would look much better if he wasn't being asked to play against McDavid and MacKinnons of the league. 

People underestimate how important matchups are for d-men. It's what Brisebois looked awesome for a few games and then cratered against better opposition at the end of last year. 

We'll see about that When the "minute muncher" is playing sheltered minutes behind cole

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Screenshot_20231004-144745.thumb.png.73bdce3cc5d749855b7b037204b70d95.png

My word, the only people that rip on Myers harder than Canucks fans are Krakers

Oh boy, these Krakers think they can fish for Orcas from..... a canoe.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

gioated-family-guy.gif

I see that Peter has been hanging out in the Off Topic section of the website. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

1. It was suggested that Myers isn't an NHL dman. 

2. I said he was and that he's looked worst then he is because he's had to play big minutes and take tough matchups, which he shouldn't be doing. 

3. You said that we were a bottom 5 team and bad defensively too (separate statements). 

4. I said that I wish we were a bottom 5 team as we finished 11th and 15th from the bottom. 

Myers would look much better if he wasn't being asked to play against McDavid and MacKinnons of the league. 

People underestimate how important matchups are for d-men. It's what Brisebois looked awesome for a few games and then cratered against better opposition at the end of last year. 

If Myers wasn't in the NHL and needed to get on the team do you think his play is good enough to crack the lineup? If the roles were reversed and there was another player in his slot, would he do enough to get on the team with a standard 5-6th defenseman?

He's a stay at home defenseman who does not excel in any way at defense. He has zero offensive prowess and is amongst the worst in the league for moving the puck out of the zone. 

He has an expected goals against average of 0.8 a game (stay at home defenders are typically closer to 0.6) and has been an expected goals against in the negatives every season he's been with us. He's a very big factor in leading a historically bad PK. His giveaways to takeaway ratio is nearly double the giveaways in comparison to takeaways. His defensive metrics are similar to that of Riley Stillman. That should tell you what you need to know. 

He eats minutes about as poorly as you would want. He's a net negative player in damn well every aspect. 

Hypothetically speaking of he was making league minimum, I still wouldn't want him on this team. Would you? 

Edited by MikeyD

5 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

No honestly I’m sorry, forgot it was 2023 for a second there. Next thing you know I’ll be telling jokes.. forgive me. 

I honestly dont know what is wrong with your picture.

I thought Tropic Thunder was a comedy movie making fun of typical hollywood war movies. It included what hollywood would do, a jerk that uses the R word cast in blackface. I thought It was ridiculous on purpose to expose the ignorance of Hollywood.

Anyway.

Go Nucks/

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Longtime lurker ... first time poster ... don't think this question has been asked yet in this thread ... so ... here goes ...

Is the game streaming online?

No, it isn't. So everybody should just go to sleep and I'll watch it on streaming. I'll even tell everyone the score the next day

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tune

d in 650 to listen to our pre game. And our local station is broadcasting the Blue Jays (who are losers again) post game. 

Pre game likely would not start on 650 until 6:00 pm, 1 hour prior to puck drop. 
Won’t have to worry about Blue Jays messing with program scheduling anymore as I believe they are eliminated. 

ETA you’re right though, regular afternoon Canucks talk shuffled around to accommodate the Jays..

Edited by Barnstorm
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I honestly dont know what is wrong with your picture.

I thought Tropic Thunder was a comedy movie making fun of typical hollywood war movies. It included what hollywood would do, a jerk that uses the R word cast in blackface. I thought It was ridiculous on purpose to expose the ignorance of Hollywood.

Anyway.

Go Nucks/

My art is provoking 

• Haha 2