[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Pre game likely would not start on 650 until 6:00 pm, 1 hour prior to puck drop. 
Won’t have to worry about Blue Jays messing with program scheduling anymore as I believe they are eliminated. 

ETA you’re right though, regular afternoon Canucks talk shuffled around to accommodate the Jays..

Exactly! We don’t care one flying **** about the Toronto teams. This is Vancouver! Talk our local teams or **** ***. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Disappeared like the Jays offense in the playoffs 

Ohhh man…don’t get me started lol.

One thing that has always bugged me about the Blue Jays…every time they make the playoffs they celebrate so hard, like champagne in the locker room style…even before they’ve won a single game…they do this year after year. I get that it’s a long season…but like in hockey we always say, you ain’t won nothing yet. There’s no time to celebrate. Not till you win it all.

Anyways…blah blah blah, Canucks.com is steaming the game…I have an issue going to that site…but I’m like an addict…I’ll still watch it…ugh…I hate myself 🙃

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I honestly dont know what is wrong with your picture.

I thought Tropic Thunder was a comedy movie making fun of typical hollywood war movies. It included what hollywood would do, a jerk that uses the R word cast in blackface. I thought It was ridiculous on purpose to expose the ignorance of Hollywood.

Anyway.

Go Nucks/

I can tell you exactly what is wrong with this picture- but, like I said, it just me, my point of view 

My country is in the war and my people over there are been killed as we speak by hundreds and thousands every day

And here I am, coming on this site to take a little emotional break and I see this picture?

Again, I apologize, but this is one of the instances when I just can’t be silent,

sorry

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yet at the same time I don't think there are more than 2 or 3 teams that would take him for free, if that. We're only playing him because we are forced to through bad cap management. If we had $6 mil or even a portion of that to spend elsewhere I'am sure we would. Myers is more in the $2.5 - $4 mil range on a short term deal to a team that wants that type of player.

Personally I think most coaches in the NHL would pass on him as a starter. I guess we'll see next year by what type of deal he gets. It will be interesting to see him play this year in a more limited role. Maybe he will be solid. Let's hope.

I agree his contract is poor value and it’ll be interesting next year what he can get for sure.  Keep in mind this is a league where Gudbranson landed a 4x4 or whatever he got.

I still think he looks a lot better in a reduced role this year - but confirmation bias won’t do him any favours with his detractors, as the chaos giraffe will always have highlight reel blunders.

I am confused as to why they didn't dress most of their team? They have been off four a few days now and are going to be off a few more after. Makes no sense and if they get off to a slow start this could be a big reason why. They need to start getting some chemistry early. 90 minute drive and he didn't want them to make the drive out. Hmmmm

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

24 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

some people just dont have a sense of humor, not much you can do about it, but laugh and move on lol

Less about lacking a sense of humour and more about taking something random and mistakenly applying it to something personal and not having the awareness to recognize the reaction is about one's own stuff and not something anyone else did to be offensive. It's an ego trap most of us fall into from time to time.

Hopefully buddy recognizes no one here is taking shots at his country or his people by posting what amounts to a Canucks/Hollywood/Comedy mashup meme. Sorry to hear his people and homeland are suffering

Edited by Steamer4GM
typo fix