[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, Nooks said:

Horrible.  They ran 3 of our guys in the first 2 mins and Myers got jumped and absolutely smiled on a guy.  Had lots of trouble leaving our zone and all the fans are getting hearing loss.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Yep.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Truefan99 said:

Man this Abby population is ugly af

You obviously have too high of standards you'll be single forever with that attitude.. in modern era it's hard to find any girl who is willing to give you a chance let alone start calling out the entire population of a full city

Just now, CanucksRookieFan said:

You obviously have too high of standards you'll be single forever with that attitude.. in modern era it's hard to find any girl who is willing to give you a chance let alone start calling out the entire population of a full city

Abby girls are easy though don’t conflate the two 

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

If Myers wasn't in the NHL and needed to get on the team do you think his play is good enough to crack the lineup? If the roles were reversed and there was another player in his slot, would he do enough to get on the team with a standard 5-6th defenseman?

He's a stay at home defenseman who does not excel in any way at defense. He has zero offensive prowess and is amongst the worst in the league for moving the puck out of the zone. 

He has an expected goals against average of 0.8 a game (stay at home defenders are typically closer to 0.6) and has been an expected goals against in the negatives every season he's been with us. He's a very big factor in leading a historically bad PK. His giveaways to takeaway ratio is nearly double the giveaways in comparison to takeaways. His defensive metrics are similar to that of Riley Stillman. That should tell you what you need to know. 

He eats minutes about as poorly as you would want. He's a net negative player in damn well every aspect. 

Hypothetically speaking of he was making league minimum, I still wouldn't want him on this team. Would you? 

Yes, as I said I would take him back for 2.5 mil/year or less.  

I'll say it again for the fourth time in this thread (maybe you missed the previous ones, lots of pages).  

Myers has looked much worst then he is because of how shitty our defense has been over the last three years.  Myers should not be playing against the other team's top lines.  So you're throwing out numbers to tell me the same thing that I'm saying, he should not be the 2nd or 3rd most deployed d-man, and especially not a matchup d-man that goes out to play against Kaprizov, McDavid, or MacKinnon. 

Unless Myers drops off a cliff this year, he should be just fine as a 3rd pairing d-man.  

• Cheers 2

PK is vastly improved but at a huge cost to our offensive mindset.. its not a good trade to be better defensively but way less entertaining and 0 offense.

You'll lose tons of fans this way if the team isn't high scoring.

Edited by CanucksRookieFan

Just now, Krinjer33 said:

Is there a problem with the radio feeds? Or are they getting blacked out?

I seem to be able to listen to pregame and post game talk but not the actual game. 
Using the Tune-in app and in New Zealand.
Somebody save me. 

Use a Vancouver VPN and the link to the game is at canucks.com

• Huggy Bear 1