[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Just now, CanucksRookieFan said:

If Demko wins the Vezina it won't be because of his individual skill it would be Tocchet preaching psycho Minnisota style defense that will yield low scoring games.

Demko is being handed the Vezina by Tocchet at this point but at what cost? No scoring, no fun? This Vezina isn't worth it, it's tainted.

I personally don't see a Vezina possibility with how bad this team gets hemmed in regularly. Ugly goals come easy vs this team. 

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Pretty sure the players and management couldn't care less if the fans like it or not. They are looking to win and reach a minimal baseline of playing good structure hockey. If you want a gunslinger style, sure its entertaining but you're going to have more games like in the Bruce Boudreau era of surrendering a lot of high danger chances. As it stands, this team can't play that style.

At this point, I want to see a winning product, and if that means boring hockey, ill take it.

I think you are in the minority on this one. Hockey isn't played for players its for fans and they pay for it.

Fans want goals and fun times, being a casual fan my self I bring clients or dates to games I could care less about team standings but what I really care is they offer a good time when I happen to go to the GAME. That's the essence of a good time.

So again fans will vote with their wallets and demand high scoring hockey or they won't go even if the team is winning if it's low scoring boring hockey it be played in an empty arena sorry I don't see it.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

image.gif

I guess so.  But if anything you’d be representing Vintage in spirit, and you are admin, so it would be like paying homage/tribute to our fave cyborg.

Regardless I understand and respect your hesitation Rog

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

These rookies should have their asses on fire to get noticed here. Not going through the motions.

I dunno. Those guys that got called up for this game were cut from the big team roster recently. Why would they need to show anyone anything?!?!?!?!??!?!!! They don't need to prove anything to the Vancouver coaching staff that they haven't already seen. More so this game is a tune up game for the roster guys playing tonight. Or so it seems.

Win or lose, barnburner or brainbreaker, one absofuckinglutelyawesome thing about tonight's strange game is my CFF ignore list has quickly grown to include quite a nice little posse full of ridiculously uneducated and negative board members I'll now never have to allow to infect my psyche ever again.

Gonna be a great season!

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I think you are in the minority on this one. Hockey isn't played for players its for fans and they pay for it.

Fans want goals and fun times, being a casual fan my self I bring clients or dates to games I could care less about team standings but what I really care is they offer a good time when I happen to go to the GAME. That's the essence of a good time.

So again fans will vote with their wallets and demand high scoring hockey or they won't go even if the team is winning if it's low scoring boring hockey it be played in an empty arena sorry I don't see it.

Congrats. You just explained the Benning rebuild years and why ownership chose the path they did.

Just now, Sativika said:

I dunno. Those guys that got called up for this game were cut from the big team roster recently. Why would they need to show anyone anything?!?!?!?!??!?!!! They don't need to prove anything to the Vancouver coaching staff that they haven't already seen. More so this game is a tune up game for the roster guys playing tonight. Or so it seems.

They could make a statement by playing for themselves. And the scouts.