[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Win or lose, barnburner or brainbreaker, one absofuckinglutelyawesome thing about tonight's strange game is my CFF ignore list has quickly grown to include quite a nice little posse full of ridiculously uneducated and negative board members I'll now never have to allow to infect my psyche ever again.

Gonna be a great season!

oh yeah? Well my list is bigger than yours lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

...posse full of ridiculously uneducated and negative board members I'll now never have to allow to infect my psyche ever again.

Gonna be a great season!

I never understood the pay off in being pessimistic all the time. Life is way too short.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

My biggest concern tonight is compete level. This obviously is not what Tocc wants to see either. I'm hoping a vet like Boes or Kuz, even Joshua help out in the 3rd. The rookies don't look ready to really chip in.

Sure isn't this teams' culture. 

9 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I think you are in the minority on this one. Hockey isn't played for players its for fans and they pay for it.

Fans want goals and fun times, being a casual fan my self I bring clients or dates to games I could care less about team standings but what I really care is they offer a good time when I happen to go to the GAME. That's the essence of a good time.

So again fans will vote with their wallets and demand high scoring hockey or they won't go even if the team is winning if it's low scoring boring hockey it be played in an empty arena sorry I don't see it.

Fans want to win, they will

always sellout seats in the regular season no matter what.  The real money comes from Playoff revenue when they jack ticket prices up.  To win in the playoffs you need to

be able to win defensively 

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t like the sounds of “D by Committee”

Hope it works out 

That said. Hronek and Soucy had a much better period 

Agreed and agreed. They are good at holding the line, and they both have a shot. Soucy gets them on net consistently, and Hronek put one decent slapper on goal that Daccord stopped with the blocker

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Wolanin and hronek are good

I do like both of them individually, but Wolanin has a lot of trouble breaking up a cycle game or pinning guys down low.  

I'd prefer to see Hronek with Soucy or Cole.  Wolanin and Brisebois can take turns as 3rd LD with Myers. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckle said:

I never understood the pay off in being pessimistic all the time. Life is way too short.

This is the best performance by our players this preseason. They play so cohesively and are very entertaining to watch. Some of these players are roster players and they are proving why. The prospects are also knocking down the door, indicating they are ready to contribute. For a preseason game this high quality hockey!!!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Truefan99 said:

This is the best performance by our players this preseason. They play so cohesively and are very entertaining to watch. Some of these players are roster players and they are proving why. The prospects are also knocking down the door, indicating they are ready to contribute. For a preseason game this high quality hockey!!!!

😆😆🤣

24 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I think you are in the minority on this one. Hockey isn't played for players its for fans and they pay for it.

Fans want goals and fun times, being a casual fan my self I bring clients or dates to games I could care less about team standings but what I really care is they offer a good time when I happen to go to the GAME. That's the essence of a good time.

So again fans will vote with their wallets and demand high scoring hockey or they won't go even if the team is winning if it's low scoring boring hockey it be played in an empty arena sorry I don't see it.

You're wrong and no one really gives a crap about you or your dates. Hockey ... winning hockey, low scoring or not is far better than showing off for your date.

Lost like usual.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1