[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Beauvillier and Boeser will hit 25 goals each.. Pizza man will be at 15 to 18 goals, Mikachev will be 20 goals as well

This year we will see 5 or 6 Canucks hit 20+ goals, as hard as it is to believe I am calling it now.

Does Alf know you're dipping into his stash

• Haha 1

I wonder if RT is just using the preseason to engrain defensive strategies/responsibilities onto the team but come the season will open it up for more offense? I’m hopeful because last thing we need/want is a rinse and repeat of Travis Green hockey.

And if EP has a down season (even first half season) points wise because of the system being implemented I think we might be saying bye bye to the alien. 

Edited by RWJC

49 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Gonna Minnesota Wild our way to maybe playing consistent defense I guess 

Yeah its going to suck, but if this team can buy in they can go somewhere. 

In the end, thry will need to score goals as this system doesnt always allow your best players to thrive. Aka look at Carolina, great structure but their game breakers cant seem to really break out and make a difference. 

But i think at this point, Tocchet is raising the teams baseline to play some level of competent hockey. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Would like to see Hoglander on the PK.  Abby used him there but I'm guessing Tocchet isn't convinced 

He played an anticipatory penalty kill which is what this team never seems to try to do for some reason. Petey basically had to beg to play on the PK last year and switch the plan up. 

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Yeah its going to suck, but if this team can buy in they can go somewhere. 

In the end, thry will need to score goals as this system doesnt always allow your best players to thrive. Aka look at Carolina, great structure but their game breakers cant seem to really break out and make a difference. 

But i think at this point, Tocchet is raising the teams baseline to play some level of competent hockey. 

Baby steps, gotta start somewhere I suppose 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I wonder if RT is just using the preseason to engrain defensive strategies into the team but come the season will open it up for more offense? I’m hopeful because last thing we need/want is a rinse and repeat of Travis Green hockey.

And if EP has a down season (even first half season) points wise because of the system being implemented I think we might be saying bye bye to the alien. 

Petterson should sign a contract now before the season starts then. His point totals will probably be down