[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's not for them, they're testing the fanbase's resolve to watch boring hockey 

Well aren't you trying to get the fanbase excited? You don't play games in Abby with your main roster ever and this would have been a good chance to let families who can't afford games to come see them. Organizational fail if you ask me.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well aren't you trying to get the fanbase excited? You don't play games in Abby with your main roster ever and this would have been a good chance to let families who can't afford games to come see them. Organizational fail if you ask me.

They canceled CDC during the preseason, it's not as if they're running on a string of wins.. 

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I wonder if RT is just using the preseason to engrain defensive strategies/responsibilities onto the team but come the season will open it up for more offense? I’m hopeful because last thing we need/want is a rinse and repeat of Travis Green hockey.

And if EP has a down season (even first half season) points wise because of the system being implemented I think we might be saying bye bye to the alien. 

Doubtful, I'm guessing their are going with an overly defensive system

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I wonder if RT is just using the preseason to engrain defensive strategies into the team but come the season will open it up for more offense? I’m hopeful because last thing we need/want is a rinse and repeat of Travis Green hockey.

And if EP has a down season (even first half season) points wise because of the system being implemented I think we might be saying bye bye to the alien. 

We managed to play pretty entertaining hockey with Tocchet from January on.  Hopefully we can match that again when we have our full roster rolling

• Cheers 2

It's funny how this organization screws themselves in terms of exciting the fanbase. It's so important to get everyone on board and they have failed to do that this preseason so far after the abysmal season last year. They can't score and have struggled to sustain pressure. It's hard to get excited about the prospects who have shown nothing really.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Oilers also don't really spread their minutes out. Mcdavid and Draisaitl eat up nearly 30 minutes a lot of games. 

A bit hyperbolic but I see your point.

I'm not sure if it's a spread thing or a lack of trust (for good reason) with the lack of depth on their 4th line type of players.

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still don't get how this roster prepares them for the season? Anyone?

Heronek playing with Soucey is -1 then a plus 1  so this is a good test. Myers really took out a guy on that last goal so that one is on DeSmith.