[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

Yep. Will be interested to hear his post game comments

I'd laugh if for game 6 our NHL lineup gets another AHL lineup to tune up and then they go into regular season without knowing what a game is supposed to feel like because they haven't had any games against anything remotely close to an NHL team in months lol

Edited by MikeyD

It’s just preseason…😐

This team is in trouble let’s face it. All the focus has been on defense and the defense hasn’t looked all that impressive and we still dont have set pairs.

The push that was supposed to come from the younger guys didn’t come which means we’re gonna have problems with depth scoring. We rely way too much on Pettersson and Hughes for offense as it is.

This team badly needs another top 6 player that can drive offense but with zero cap space and limited trade chips it won’t be possible. Honestly I’d be calling up Kessel right about now if I were Allvin. Even at 36 he might give you more than what I’ve seen from some of these guys.

Very disappointing preseason after so much talk of wanting to start strong. If things go sideways again there will be nowhere for this coaching staff and management to hide. Poor preparation once again.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Vets don't give a crap about pre-season.  Vets only want to get through the game unhurt.   

Ya. Our vets sure have earned that right to not care. They sure have proven themselves. They can just turn it on whenever. It's a bunch of crap and is why they stink everytime they start the season. Entitled.

Tocchet doesn't seem like one of these new hybrid coaches that can make average players over achieve. Like Seattle and Vegas did. 

Tocchet is coaching like it's the dead puck era. We went from Green to Bruce. Now back to Green again. We needed someone else. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s just preseason…😐

This team is in trouble let’s face it. All the focus has been on defense and the defense hasn’t looked all that impressive and we still dont have set pairs.

The push that was supposed to come from the younger guys didn’t come which means we’re gonna have problems with depth scoring. We rely way too much on Pettersson and Hughes for offense as it is.

This team badly needs another top 6 player that can drive offense but with zero cap space and limited trade chips it won’t be possible. Honestly I’d be calling up Kessel right about now if I were Allvin. Even at 36 he might give you more than what I’ve seen from some of these guys.

Very disappointing preseason after so much talk of wanting to start strong. If things go sideways again there will be nowhere for this coaching staff and management to hide. Poor preparation once again.

Maybe a bit of over preparation right now on ice? Not enough free flow?

All I know is it’s gonna cause a BC wide shortage of Preparation H soon 

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s just preseason…😐

Mmmmmm.... nah bro

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif.81e8dbf2afdc3d6182186d30e1664fb2.gif

• Haha 3