[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Just now, CanucksCritic said:

Good luck paying for that huge fucking jumbotron by pulling in naive fans to watch your overpriced garbage product.

I’m not getting fooled this year, you clowns. Not giving you a single cent from my pocket.

Yeah right.  You'll be decked out in a $400 Blueger jersey by Remembrance Day, because you think he's an unsung hero.  

• Haha 4

Just now, stawns said:

You, you're being dramatic

By pointing out obvious facts?

Don’t know why some people get their panties all twisted any time someone criticizes the team. Like isn’t that what discussion forums are for?

like we really gonna pretend this team is free from criticism. Gimme a break. 😂

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya and we are not intimidating at all. We are a pretty soft team. I am surprised they haven't addressed this issue. I just think we are going to get pushed around. A lot.

Too many issues to address with no cap. Next year or the one after we should be whole again. Almost lol

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksCritic said:

It’s only preseason!

It’s only October!

It’s only November!

It’s only December!

It’s only January!

It’s now February… moral victory!

It’s March… tank!

It’s April… tank!

Fucking rinse and fucking repeat.

Fans accept mediocrity so that’s what they get.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Haha. Tocchet got the penalty at the end. Reaming out the refs on a missed charging call.

Love it.

It is a Burrow-effect since Auger indecent that set this team back for decade and it has not gone away yet.  Time for the Canucks as whole to talk to the head office and figure out what's going on with so many missed calls.   It is like the ref is subconsciously missed calls on purpose and not realize that they are doing it while making wrong calls against the Canucks.  The soon they set a meeting, the better for the league head office to slap the ref in shape asap before it becomes a habit for whole referee's career.   Can't wait until Bettman is gone.  

46 minutes ago, The Duke said:

If I’ve learned anything reading social media posts about Canucks hockey it’s that leadership, toughness and experience are laughably worthless attributes in a hockey player but winning preseason games is essential to success due to morale, momentum and overall cohesion.

Learning is a lifelong process, I commend your progress 

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Do you guys think there should be an emphasis on scoring first? I feel like others don't think it's a big deal but always playing from behind is worrisome. Urgency to get that first goal should be a priority. I hope it's not a season where we spend 70 percent of games behind the eight ball and trying to climb our way back into games. 

Yah; lets change the Status quo. Be like the upper echelon.  Go for the goals. Doesn't have to be highlight reel, just has to go in the opposition's net.   

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lots of people convincing themselves there isn’t an issue is all I see.

Some fans have a short memory I guess.

You know why a team like Seattle plays a strong system and forechecks hard in games? Because they go hard in practice and in preseason like they did tonight.

Fans can say preseason doesn’t matter all they want. But winning teams practice like they play and go hard any time they’re on the ice preseason or not. That’s how you build good habits. This team hasn’t had good habits over the years and you don’t get them by saying games don’t matter. This is the best time to work on those things.

That's because they weren't good from first season and the fresh start allow them to practice hard with new culture from outset and carried over with their own identity.   The drawback is that they ran out of gas at end of season/playoffs.  They are still carrying over with good habits.  No toxic locker room player to infect the room yet.

4 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It is a Burrow-effect since Auger indecent that set this team back for decade and it has not gone away yet.  Time for the Canucks as whole to talk to the head office and figure out what's going on with so many missed calls.   It is like the ref is subconsciously missed calls on purpose and not realize that they are doing it while making wrong calls against the Canucks.  The soon they set a meeting, the better for the league head office to slap the ref in shape asap before it becomes a habit for whole referee's career.   Can't wait until Bettman is gone.  

Lol. Wut.

The refs are in preseason form, too. Knocking the rust off. Not surprising things get missed. I just think it's funny we're getting glimpses of snapshow Tocchet this early.

But I agree it seems like the Canucks historically get the shitty end of the stick more often than not. I mean they have a statue of Roger Neilson's iconic moment with the refs sitting outside the arena... so... there's that.

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Lol. Wut.

The refs are in preseason form, too. Knocking the rust off. Not surprising things get missed. I just think it's funny we're getting glimpses of snapshow Tocchet this early.

But I agree it seems like the Canucks historically get the shitty end of the stick more often than not. I mean they have a statue of Roger Neilson's iconic moment with the refs sitting outside the arena... so... there's that.

Oh, that reminds me, remove that statue, its a curse.

• ThereItIs 1

Honestly, if this preseason is any indication of what we're gonna play like, this is gonna be a long, long season.

The fact that Tocchet models his game similar to Green is a big ass red flag. Are we seriously going to accept this? If so, we would also have to accept the idea that Benning might have known a thing or two about coaching because he EXTENDED Green. He therefore "recognized" that Green was a good coach (which he is clearly not).

I liked Tocchet's approach last season, but if he's going to play boring hockey like Green's so-called "uptempo hockey", this is gonna be painful. It feels like WD 3.0. At this point, maybe WD was the best coach for this team. He at least carried the team to a winning season record.

What the hell has Green done besides the impressive bubble playoffs? A losing record every single year that he's coached the Canucks.

Edited by PureQuickness

19 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

We have one of the best dman in the league But no team to back him up by that I mean systems and more D options.

totally Myers is being left out there to dry. He can only do so much we have to surround him with others who can contribute. 

• Cheers 1