[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Seattle Kraken, Abbotsford Centre, October 4, 2023 @ 7PM PST, Preseason Game #5

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

15 minutes ago, EliPeterson40 said:

Why though

Interesting that they only brought up 1 (right shot) defenseman. Would have thought it'd be Woo.

I like Johansson but IMO he hasn't stood out this preseason. Think he needs a year in Abby to acclimate himself to the smaller Ice.    

Edited by Blitz-Pix

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm betting it's so Rick can get some final looks before he has to cut it down for regular season's play.

I just don’t get why they would have have sent these guys down in the first place just to call them back up a couple days later, And then “cut” them again 😅

7 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Interesting that they only brought up 1 (right shot) defenseman. Would have thought it'd be Woo.

I like Johansson but IMO he hasn't stood out this preseason. Think he needs a year in Abby to acclimate himself to the smaller Ice.    

Probably because Woo needs to go through waivers, I’m not sure about Johanssons waiver status

Which probably explains the call ups:

If Seattle is not icing a lot of important regulars, it makes a lot of sense that the call ups are made. Rest your important veterans. I'd expect a handful of veterans rested and not risk injury. Could see the call ups in tonight at Abbotsford.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

He's played over 900 games in the NHL. Clearly there's people much smarter than you who think he's a capable defenseman.

He’s clearly only in the line up because 1. Nobody wants him despite management having tried to move him over the years. 2. Because we literally have no one who can play on the right side besides Hronek who is at least somewhat of NHL calibre.

McWard unfortunately has to play above what he can manage. Juulsen can’t process the game or move at an NHL pace. I’m 100% sure there will be a trade or a waiver wire pick up to address our right D situation. 

The Myers apologists eerily remind of the Benning bros and how they would go to extreme lengths. Myers is a wonderful human being, but he’s not suited for any role besides being a 3rd pair 15-17 minute defenseman with no PK time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rusty Shackleford said:

More Castonguay cap wizardry.

Yeah, she really does a lot of things behind the scenes that benefit the club in small but meaningful ways.  I somehow don’t recall this type of thing during the Bennington years.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Social Hermit said:

He can be be a real adventure at times, but he can eat up a lot of minutes if deployed properly. He has played 918 NHL games averaging over 22 minutes of ice time per game. He may not be worth $6M, but nobody else we have can eat up that many minutes, other than Hughes and Hronek.

I can’t take anyone serious who relies on insults to state their case.

Ian Cole? Soucy? 

Do you honestly think Myers is a better option to eat up minutes than those two?

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

He’s clearly only in the line up because 1. Nobody wants him despite management having tried to move him over the years. 2. Because we literally have no one who can play on the right side besides Hronek who is at least somewhat of NHL calibre.

McWard unfortunately has to play above what he can manage. Juulsen can’t process the game or move at an NHL pace. I’m 100% sure there will be a trade or a waiver wire pick up to address our right D situation. 

The Myers apologists eerily remind of the Benning bros and how they would go to extreme lengths. Myers is a wonderful human being, but he’s not suited for any role besides being a 3rd pair 15-17 minute defenseman with no PK time.

Sounds like a capable defenseman to me.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Social Hermit said:

He can be be a real adventure at times, but he can eat up a lot of minutes if deployed properly. He has played 918 NHL games averaging over 22 minutes of ice time per game. He may not be worth $6M, but nobody else we have can eat up that many minutes, other than Hughes and Hronek.

I can’t take anyone serious who relies on insults to state their case.

For sure - and he’ll likely be top 4 in minutes this year yet again.  

But I’m sure multiple NHL head coaches are actually idiots and Myers is replacement level trash.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The folks in Abbotsford that go to their games are in for a treat.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is the odd fan or two that has partial season's tickets for both clubs; Abby and Vancouver...

Too expensive (well Canucks tickets anyhow) for the average fan for that to happen in large numbers imho.  For me, going to the odd game for both teams uses up alot of my discretionary income.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

https://canucksarmy.com/news/wdytt-preseason-predictions-canuck-hottest-start-season

Canucks streaming tonight’s untelevised preseason matchup vs. Seattle Kraken: How to watch

Tonight’s game won’t be televised, but the Canucks are going to be streaming the game on their website (canucks.com). The team tried to stream last Thursday’s game against, but ran into trouble thanks to the game taking place outside of Canada. Thankfully, they’ve streamed games from the Abbotsford Centre  before, so there shouldn’t be any issues tonight! Sportsnet 650’s Brendan Batchelor and Dan Riccio will have the call for tonight’s game!

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ian Cole? Soucy? 

Do you honestly think Myers is a better option to eat up minutes than those two?

Cole and Soucy have played 16-17 minutes throughout their careers. There’s a reason for that. Bumped up to 22 minutes would likely negatively impact their effectiveness. I don’t think Myers is still effective playing that many minutes any more, but he’s still a capable 3rd pairing defender.

The main reason they tried to trade him is his salary. All I’m saying is that people who appreciate what he can do are not dumb as shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3