[Speculation] Canucks’ Rathbone may request trade

RWJC

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I certainly hope not, or he's in for a Juolevi awakening....I mean a rude awakening. 

sad homer simpson GIF

Might have more to do with his regression last year. Maybe he's looking out at his surroundings instead of inwards. He seems like a good guy, I hope he figures it out.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Wonder if he thinks he has earned that? He looked extraordinary average, I'd not below, so far this year. 

His self assessment doesn't matter since 32 GMs all think he hasn't.  If he's entitled enough to think he should be gifted a spot despite his defensive issues, he needs an attitude adjustment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

His self assessment doesn't matter since 32 GMs all think he hasn't.  If he's entitled enough to think he should be gifted a spot despite his defensive issues, he needs an attitude adjustment.

Could just be more frustration with his regression and wanting a change more then entitlement, but only he knows.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

sad homer simpson GIF

Might have more to do with his regression last year. Maybe he's looking out at his surroundings instead of inwards. He seems like a good guy, I hope he figures it out.

Possibly, but if he really does think he can crack a line up somewhere else good luck to him. His defence last year stunk, not even AHL worthy IMO. Even his first year he was electric offensively but terrible defensively. He did outscore his issues but was also injured a lot and will continue to happen if he doesn’t wise up in his own zone.

Still like him. Hope he and Woo form an awesome duo on the farm and start getting to work. They both feed of each other well. If they light it up together again (like they did in the past) it could go a long way in re-establishing their confidence. Hope he decides to stay and put the work in…or he’s just gonna be another Subban/Rafferty…

Edited by Attila Umbrus

23 hours ago, RWJC said:

“I do think that there were times that Rathbone considered asking for a trade but never did. But I’ve got to think now… I wouldn’t be surprised if that comes up. Just another chance in another organization.”

This whole thread is based on the premise that the speculation of a member of the media is being taken as fact.

Nobody really knows if Jack Rathbone has actually asked for a trade.  Maybe he's content for now with playing with his bud down on the baby 'nux until they're both ready to play in the bigs?  :classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

This whole thread is based on the premise that the speculation of a member of the media is being taken as fact.

Nobody really knows if Jack Rathbone has actually asked for a trade.  Maybe he's content for now with playing with his bud down on the baby 'nux until they're both ready to play in the bigs?  :classic_rolleyes:

Could very well be true. But guy has seen himself slip down the depth chart and still feels young enough to prove himself somewhere. It’s not a far fetched thing to consider he might now want out. In fact, given the players we’ve brought in and who’s still getting a taste of preseason it only makes complete sense that Boner  would want an opportunity elsewhere before it’s too late 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Could very well be true. But guy has seen himself slip down the depth chart and still feels young enough to prove himself somewhere. It’s not a far fetched thing to consider he might now want out. In fact, given the players we’ve brought in and who’s still getting a taste of preseason it only makes complete sense that Boner  would want an opportunity elsewhere before it’s too late 

But it's also possible that the Bald Krew sat him down and explained to him why they're trying to send him down, and gave him a commitment to play him on the bigs as long as he holds up his end of the deal of performing well on the baby team.  I mean, he could very well have bought into the same vision as management/the coaching staff, right?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

But it's also possible that the Bald Krew sat him down and explained to him why they're trying to send him down, and gave him a commitment to play him on the bigs as long as he holds up his end of the deal of performing well on the baby team.  I mean, he could very well have bought into the same vision as management/the coaching staff, right?

I'd be very concerned if management was even considering letting him play a shift for the Canucks with the way he plays in his own zone.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd be very concerned if management was even considering letting him play a shift for the Canucks with the way he plays in his own zone.

That's why he's getting practice down with the baby 'nux.

(insert Allen Iverson meme here 🤡 )

58 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Please help me understand... If there were no takers when he was on waivers, what makes him think there will be teams willing to give up something to acquire him?? Like a salary dump just to get him?

Borderline/developing players actually have more trade value once they've cleared waivers and can be stashed in the minors for injury and playoff depth.

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, RWJC said:

There's pretty obviously little/no path for him to get NHL games here given both our NHL roster makeup and other prospects, regardless of how anyone feels about his NHL ability/readiness. Given that reality, it would not be surprising to him being open to a move elsewhere with more upward opportunity. You want guys to WANT to make the NHL.

Would all the people berating him (based on a completely unsubstantiated rumour no less) willingly stay in a dead end job with little/no chance of advancement?

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Reminds me that Islanders prospect a number of years back. For some reason his name is not coming to me right now. He was quite talented but he seemed to think he was the greatest player to ever play the game. And to be honest, I don't even think he has hardly even played many games at the NHL level.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Reminds me that Islanders prospect a number of years back. For some reason his name is not coming to me right now. He was quite talented but he seemed to think he was the greatest player to ever play the game. And to be honest, I don't even think he has hardly even played many games at the NHL level.

Ho-Sang.  Guy had the nerve to wear 66 at the NHL level.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Clearly ‘The Boner’ need to work harder on his game… pardon the pun…

but…

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

So you mean, like, expand his D play, bang some bodies in the corners, use his body and stick to clear the slot, and generally be tough to beat?  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So you mean, like, expand his D play, bang some bodies in the corners, use his body and stick to clear the slot, and generally be tough to beat?  :hurhur:

Aka BoneRath

• Cheers 1