[Proposals] Some trades ideas I'd like to see

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Honest question. If Peeke is as good as you say why are we getting him for an unmovable contract and a 2nd?

Peeke should be worth more than a 2nd, but CBJ have managed to crater Peeke's value last season.

Realistically he is a good defensive dman but his offense is almost non-existent. CBJ now have many more options on RD (with better offense than Peeke) so a 2nd round pick is a good return for Peeke at this point. Peeke is not the perfect partner for Hughes but he is the kind of defense-first player that I believe would mesh well with QH. We could do a lot worse than Peeke imo.

Regarding moving Garland to CBJ, as @Canucklehead44 said earlier, Garland would have been 3rd on their team in scoring last year despite having an off year playing on the 3rd line in VAN. Garland has value to a team that can afford his cap hit. Also remember that we would be taking on Roslovic's unmovable contract in the deal.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:00 AM, Miss Korea said:

Trades 1 and 3 make no sense for us and trade 2 makes no sense for Arizona:

image.png.8a3c7244c2e125d487c0bf5d9a100462.png

image.png.617200c0486a3c5417d79bbf83c879b0.png

So Peeke the big stay at home dman everybody on this board wants is in the bottom 1% in the league for PK? I’d prefer not to give anything of value to acquire him. All the data is telling you he’s worse than Myers but for some reason everybody on here wants him.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

So Peeke the big stay at home dman everybody on this board wants is in the bottom 1% in the league for PK? I’d prefer not to give anything of value to acquire him. All the data is telling you he’s worse than Myers but for some reason everybody on here wants him.

Yup. Peeke collects Green Jackets. 

21 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Actually, Myers is generally worse overall.  Peeke might not be a great penalty killer but at least he focuses on staying out of the box.  He is an extremely boring, low-event D-man which is what you'd want in a shutdown player.  But I do not think he brings more to the table than Conor Garland.

image.png.4a326ed3a1f6fc1106e04def77e1496a.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 11:05 AM, Hammertime said:

These J Fresh cards are worthless. % of what? %is a useless stat without sufficient information.

Peeke is a top 32 RHD in the NHL and thats probably an understatement. He's used in every defensive situation 8th in defensive zone starts while maintaining an average of only 4.27 high danger shot attempts against per 60 min which he probably blocked, is a top hitter in the league 188 last year yet he has a very positive PIM differential, 3rd in shot blocks. He's a bargain at 2.75m. 

How much does playing on a bottom feeder team weigh in to those numbers he posted?  I feel like those numbers are based on plus minus.

14 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Actually, Myers is generally worse overall.  Peeke might not be a great penalty killer but at least he focuses on staying out of the box.  He is an extremely boring, low-event D-man which is what you'd want in a shutdown player.  But I do not think he brings more to the table than Conor Garland.

image.png.4a326ed3a1f6fc1106e04def77e1496a.png

It is kinda wild how Myers 20-21 and 22-23 are the same but the complete opposite. He was good the first year with OEL. I think he could have a similar season with Ian Cole.

And for a partner with Hughes, if you want to pull out Jfresh cards, the #1 thing is EV Defense. 

Size ✅

Mobile ✅

EV Defence >70% ✅

Right handed ✅

Physical ✅

Under 30 ✅

He isn’t a perfect dman but a capable partner and a good fit 

Edited by Canucklehead44
  • Cheers 1