[Speculation] NHL expansion - Atlanta, Houston, Salt Lake City & Quebec City

17 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

If I had to guess, Montreal and Toronto would have been 2 of em.

Maybe throw another O6 like Boston in there too

Pretty dismal for the Coyotes though

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe throw another O6 like Boston in there too

Pretty dismal for the Coyotes though

Lots of snow birds in Arizona, I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver and Edmonton were two of the teams.

• Cheers 1

I would take zero pleasure from seeing any market losing their team. But this hasn't worked from day one. Just get out already. It's fucking embarrassing.............. wait, that's why bettman has kept them there as long as he has. But the relocation fee split between the owners, I'm sure, wouldn't cause a problem.

Should probably relocate the leagues turds firsts.

like a team like the yotes needs to be moved before any expansion maybe even some  other struggling markets to. 

adding more team that can’t fill university size rinks won’t make the nhl better.

Quebec is the only market on that list that should even be considered really how many empty arenas does  buttman need. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Well, not much choice now, after almost every district in the greater Phoenix area told them to fuck off... Bettman and Meruelo seem to be the only 2 people in all of hockey that want the team there.

3 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Well, not much choice now, after almost every district in the greater Phoenix area told them to fuck off... Bettman and Meruelo seem to be the only 2 people in all of hockey that want the team there.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/sources-nhl-drafting-2024-25-schedule-version-with-coyotes-relocated-to-salt-lake-city

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I hope it happens. I hope he loses the land bid, and has no alternative. They can barely afford to pay the players, let alone have the $ to build a new rink at the same time.

• Cheers 1

One of the things they’ve been talking about is moving the Coyotes to Utah, and then as part of the sale Alex Meruelo will be given rights as the next owner of a future Arizona franchise, whenever that would come. I absolutely believe that’s on the table.