[Rumour] Canucks Did a Thing

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Or look at Marcus Bjork who they put on waivers today 😉

I like this guy, it would be great if he were available to us and the chromed one snagged him.

I think there's more offense in his tank than he's shown too, and he is versatile, can play either wing, and he's got a good shot and passing too.

He's another defensive forward, but he does have upside IMHO

4 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I like this guy, it would be great if he were available to us and the chromed one snagged him.

I think there's more offense in his tank than he's shown too, and he is versatile, can play either wing, and he's got a good shot and passing too.

He's another defensive forward, but he does have upside IMHO

RHD...?🤨

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To WIN

Silovs (Helleybuck replacement)

Podkolzin

2025 1st top 7 protected

Myers ( for cap)

To VAN

Morrissey 

VAN D

Hughes Morrissey

Cole Hronek

Soucy McWard/Bear 

SC baby

hardest of hard passes. Spending those types of assets I'm fishing for something better then a 28 year old lefty who's a prime candidate to see a substantial regression.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

To WIN

Silovs (Helleybuck replacement)

Podkolzin

2025 1st top 7 protected

Myers ( for cap)

To VAN

Morrissey 

VAN D

Hughes Morrissey

Cole Hronek

Soucy McWard/Bear 

SC baby

4 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

hardest of hard passes. Spending those types of assets I'm fishing for something better then a 28 year old lefty who's a prime candidate to see a substantial regression.

lol at (i) being delusional enough to think that we could get Morrissey (a guy who is Winnipeg's captain, came 5th in Norris voting last year and is locked up for $6.25M for the next few seasons) for more/less spare parts and (ii) then dismissing this proposal as a "hard pass".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

lol at (i) being delusional enough to think that we could get Morrissey (a guy who is Winnipeg's captain, came 5th in Norris voting last year and is locked up for $6.25M for the next few seasons) for more/less spare parts and (ii) then dismissing this proposal as a "hard pass".

maybe not. He has a NMC. If he wants out and his wife wants to stay in western Canada then who knows. 

Edited by Bob Long

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

Perfect. Not sure of his contact, length of contact. But a steady defensive righty. 

There's a good number of pending UFA's this summer that would suit as short-medium term stop gaps there, as a "defensive, gritty guys who covers his own end" of assorted abilities/price ranges...

Pesce is probably at the top, then Zaitsev, Tanev and Lyubushkin. There's Hakanpaa as well, but he's getting up there and his skating isn't ideal. There's also Zadorov (lefty but plays right).

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

He came 5th in Norris while getting over double the points of his career high. A year like that should have seen him better then 5th if he was worth a first round pick, a former top 10 pick, and a promising young goalie. I give it a slim to zero chance Morrissey recreates his season from last year, and wouldn't be even worse on a team behind Hughes getting pp1 time. That trade would terrible for us. He may be worth that to another team, but he is 100% not the player we use all our assets to acquire.

But yeah sure, let's blow our load to buy high. That never backfires for a middling team.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

39 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He came 5th in Norris while getting over double the points of his career high. A year like that should have seen him better then 5th if he was worth a first round pick, a former top 10 pick, and a promising young goalie. I give it a slim to zero chance Morrissey recreates his season from last year, and wouldn't be even worse on a team behind Hughes getting pp1 time. That trade would terrible for us. He may be worth that to another team, but he is 100% not the player we use all our assets to acquire.

But yeah sure, let's blow our load to buy high. That never backfires for a middling team.

There is no load being blown to begin with.

Silvos is a promising young goalie?  He didn't even crack the roster. 

Podkolzin just got sent back down to the minors and people are starting to throw the B word around.  Maybe he can refind his game at some point, but at this point he has little to no trade value. 

A top 7 protected first round draft pick?  That isn't quite as valuable as people think... especially if we become a playoff team.

Do you really think this gets you an 80 point defenseman who makes $6.25M for several more seasons that is good defensively.  It is not even close.  We are not even in the right ballpark.  I bet we could call up Winnipeg and offer them 4 unprotected 1st rounders and they would hang up the phone.  I don't doubt he will regress (perhaps heavily) statistically next year.... but how far will he fall?  50 points?  40 points? 

I don't care if he gets zero Norris votes next year.... if we could add him to our team for that "load" then we would be idiots not to do it.  Go post this proposal on the Winnipeg Forum and see what people say.  It's outright delusion and should be called out as such. 

9 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

There is no load being blown to begin with.

Silvos is a promising young goalie?  He didn't even crack the roster. 

Podkolzin just got sent back down to the minors and people are starting to throw the B word around.  Maybe he can refind his game at some point, but at this point he has little to no trade value. 

A top 7 protected first round draft pick?  That isn't quite as valuable as people think... especially if we become a playoff team.

Do you really think this gets you an 80 point defenseman who makes $6.25M for several more seasons that is good defensively.  It is not even close.  We are not even in the right ballpark.  I bet we could call up Winnipeg and offer them 4 unprotected 1st rounders and they would hang up the phone.  I don't doubt he will regress (perhaps heavily) statistically next year.... but how far will he fall?  50 points?  40 points? 

I don't care if he gets zero Norris votes next year.... if we could add him to our team for that "load" then we would be idiots not to do it.  Go post this proposal on the Winnipeg Forum and see what people say.  It's outright delusion and should be called out as such. 

Lol 4 unprotected firsts eh?

7 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Lol Gretzky got sold for cash by a crook who needed money.

Pronger was 2 1sts and a 2nd. The Norris winner was traded for what. Roughly a 1st and 2nd with a bunch of cap dumps? What player of Morrissey's quality has gone for 4 1sts?

Edited by MeanSeanBean