Arturs Silovs | #31 | G

DANJR

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Silovs struggles with seeing shots through traffic. He needs to spend more time in the A developing his game. His ceiling is very high though. I can see us keeping him and letting Demko go this summer. 

11 hours ago, syntheticity said:

Agree with your assessment of Silvos. He's got promise and routinely makes exceptional saves, but his struggles with tracking pucks has been evident since he started playing games with the club. The contrast here with Demko is quite stark right now imo. If Silvos can round out this part of his game, then the difference between him and Demko would certainly narrow.

Oh for sure he’s rough around the edges his rebound control gave me a couple heart attacks in the playoffs but his athleticism bailed him out time after time but he was learning how to deal with the little tricks nhl vets do that he will never learn in the ahl I think a mixture of nhl and ahl games is where he is at for sure I was pointing out his game was exposed by poor play from the team infront of him in those final few games of playoffs, almost any goalie gets hemmed in his zone for a whole game they are bound to let in squeakers and have their stats affected 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Oh for sure he’s rough around the edges his rebound control gave me a couple heart attacks in the playoffs but his athleticism bailed him out time after time but he was learning how to deal with the little tricks nhl vets do that he will never learn in the ahl I think a mixture of nhl and ahl games is where he is at for sure I was pointing out his game was exposed by poor play from the team infront of him in those final few games of playoffs, almost any goalie gets hemmed in his zone for a whole game they are bound to let in squeakers and have their stats affected 

Our team played exceptionally well in front of Silovs. Tocchet has the guys buying in to a defensive structure that takes away high danger chances and gives up shots from distance. Silovs struggles when shots from distance come through traffic. We beat the Coilers with Demko. That’s a fact. 

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Our team played exceptionally well in front of Silovs. Tocchet has the guys buying in to a defensive structure that takes away high danger chances and gives up shots from distance. Silovs struggles when shots from distance come through traffic. We beat the Coilers with Demko. That’s a fact. 

Yet we don't have Demko and we don't have what Silovs becomes. Hopefully Laukenin is better.  

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lanky is better. He’s an nhl level goalie. 

I think Silovs is quite possibly an NHL-level backup, but certainly not a starter yet, unless he's improved a lot over the summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Some forget that he was our "plan c" option going into the playoffs, with some speculation at that time that he might even be behind Tolopilo on the depth chart. Yes, his stock rose after how he performed in the playoffs, but he's still got some work to do to get to Demko's level.

only watched one preseason game but from what i saw Silovs is our 2nd goalie after Demko. ride the silovs wave as long as its hot and we got ourselves another goalie gem thats going to the top in the NHL. the kids gotten some confidence and rightefully deserved it, hes got potential and should b our nr 2 after a healthy Demko.