[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

None of the fringe guys did much.   Beau didn't either.  

Beau needs to step it up, for sure. But at least he had a decent showing last game against Seattle. 

Yeah, the other guys really need to take it to the next level before their going to make it. That's on them. It doesn't take Crosby, McDavid or anyone of the elite guys to consistently prove their the elite. And I'm not comparing them to those two. But if you want it... prove it. 

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

are we actually playing an NHL team? or still the AHL one?

Probably watch the BC Lions game tonight...since the Canucks is only pre-season. 

Tough decision.

Probably watch one live and one on tape

Deciding which one first. Probably Lions, and if the game gets out of hand at half time or maybe 3rd quarter, I'll start on the Canucks.  We only have two, or three pro sports teams in Van, somehow they manage to play games at the same time way too often.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Looks like McWard gets the night off, and experimentation with the lines continues.

Finally we get to see Hronek with Hughes!

I don’t get why they wouldn’t look at that. Like we all know Hughes is gonna play 30 minutes a game most nights why not have it be an elite pairing?

The other pairs just have to be okay. If Cole can somehow stabilize Chaos that could be the biggest boost this team could get.

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t get why they wouldn’t look at that. Like we all know Hughes is gonna play 30 minutes a game most nights why not have it be an elite pairing?

The other pairs just have to be okay. If Cole can somehow stabilize Chaos that could be the biggest boost this team could get.

I am definitely curious to see how this pairing fairs tonight. Imagine if they strike gold.

robert deniro GIF

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Our D is back with a brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of Hronek tightly
Flows like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Paired off Hughes's right and he'll glow
To the extreme Hronek rocks our D like a vandal
Light up the net and wax a chump like a candle

And tonight ... we're going to ...

A1A Hronek Avenue!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

100% I've been saying all along I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least try it. Kinda means 

Cole Soucy

Briseboi/woolinan Myers 

??

Didn't read the lines before I posted like a newb. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper