[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Brock turning himself into Adam Oates

His shot was so weak but his passing is out of this world recently, great vision everywhere. I'm all for this sniper-to-playmaker transition if it means we've got Miller scoring and PDG as a prime powerforward. Best chemistry in a line we've had in a long time, reminds me a lot of the west coast express chemistry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Yeah some speed to create space. He doesn't need a lot but he needs *some* 

Ya even if he can play at 80-90% of speed that he had in Toronto, we need that. Last season we probably saw 50-60% cause of injury 😵‍💫

Aman, PDG, Suter, Bleuger all having good games.

Myers and Cole will be more than serviceable on 3rd D pairing (minus giraffe’s cap hit)

I personally don’t see where Joshua fits other than to fight and get some size in the line up, especially when Mikheyev returns

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That Juulsen hit helped our game. Jump starter.

Hope he has another one in him for the third. You could feel doubt creep into the flamers

I’m pretty high on Juulsen as our 6th defender - whether with Hughes or 3rd pair.  We can use the physicality.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What? You do realize women are way tough than us baby whiner boys, right? 

Ok Soucy took that hit like a fuzzy alien looking for an exuse not to do the dishes... hope we get 3 million cap space on the LTIR

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

PDG is the most underrated player on the team by a long shot, what great hands in tight. He and Miller and Boeser have fantastic chemistry, hope they stick all year. Would be nice to get Mikheyev back so Petey can grow some similar chemistry and get Garland off the top line.

Amazing to see our grinders finally show decent skills. No more pylons like Pyatt, now we've got 3 or even 4C Blueger deke out Markstrom and AHLer PDG turned 2nd line powerforward drop that on Marky one on one.

Very strong performance so far, my only problem is that we're struggling to clear pucks out of our own zone when pressure is applied. Great forecheck, decent-ish PP, solid safe PK but winning a lot of battles along the ice everywhere. The D is very sound and even Myers' brain farts are getting covered up well.

Battle of two wild card hopefuls but we look so much better than the Flames.

I hope they don't rush Mikky. Bring him in for the playoffs or Jan Feb

Utilize his cap meantime. 

His dynamic twist and turns might put him at risk if he comes back too soon.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1