[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Looks like McWard gets the night off, and experimentation with the lines continues.

Hoglander also getting the night off, unless he might actually be the odd man out. My guess is he's already made the team and they're giving one last chance for Aman, Studnicka, and Joshua to fight for those last two forward spots. Hughes Hronek all game could be very interesting. If they have chemistry, that pairing could be crazy dominant.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Hoglander also getting the night off, unless he might actually be the odd man out. My guess is he's already made the team and they're giving one last chance for Aman, Studnicka, and Joshua to fight for those last two forward spots. Hughes Hronek all game could be very interesting. If they have chemistry, that pairing could be crazy dominant.

I am a tad bit concerned how the rest of the pairings will fair.

Puck movement seems to be an issue when Hughes and Hronek are not on the ice.

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I am a tad bit concerned how the rest of the pairings will fair.

Puck movement seems to be an issue when Hughes and Hronek are not on the ice.

Cole shouldn't have an issue on the 2nd pairing, though I wonder how he'll work with Myers. I fear for the bottom pairing though. Minutes for this game might be like 27 each for the top, 22 for the 2nd and like 11 for that third pairing, haha.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DANJR said:

I wonder if Myers is going to be a ghost like the last game.

He needs to be gone.  Showed little to no desire so far this preseason

Because he didn't want to injure his fist from a fight and be out for months when he is one of two legit nhl right-handed defencemen on this team?

Yea no i wouldn't want him to pound his fist into a helmet for preseason either as much as I dislike him as a player

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Cole shouldn't have an issue on the 2nd pairing, though I wonder how he'll work with Myers. I fear for the bottom pairing though. Minutes for this game might be like 27 each for the top, 22 for the 2nd and like 11 for that third pairing, haha.

It guess thats true,

If Hughes and Hronek are out there for half the game, only have to really worry about 30ish mins haha

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It guess thats true,

If Hughes and Hronek are out there for half the game, only have to really worry about 30ish mins haha

My concern is actually more for the 3rd pairing than the 2nd. Still, 22 minutes for Cole and Myers is probably a few too many. I love the idea of Hughes and Hronek on the PP, but with the lines laid out with them together, I can see why we split them apart.

Honestly, part of it is my uncomfortability with Juulsen. I'd be happier seeing McWard or even Wolanin, with Soucy on the right side.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

My concern is actually more for the 3rd pairing than the 2nd. Still, 22 minutes for Cole and Myers is probably a few too many. I love the idea of Hughes and Hronek on the PP, but with the lines laid out with them together, I can see why we split them apart.

Honestly, part of it is my uncomfortability with Juulsen. I'd be happier seeing McWard or even Wolanin, with Soucy on the right side.

I'd agree with you.

I watched the Abbotsford Canucks playoffs, and as good as Juulsen was as a physical force, his foot speed and skating was a major concern especially when he was defending a 3 on 2. Got beat wide several times.

• Upvote 1