[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

Just now, Tusk said:

Soucy should be too. Geez, Cole looks great and all the sudden we understand Myers aint so bad. Dont know why they would put both Hughes and Horonic on same line, is that just to expose the truth of everyone else?

Looks like they aren’t going to be regulars together but It’s pre-season and would be silly not to give them some time together.  If you’re letting Hughes carry a young guy like McWard or Juulsen you’re also going to give him “extra” shifts with Hronek (or Myers).

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Maybe but man this team lacks speed. They haven't really done anything to address that yet.

Canucks team photo 2019-20 Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild GIF - Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild Group Of Turtles GIFs

Canucks team photo 2020-21Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild GIF - Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild Group Of Turtles GIFs

Canucks team photo 2021-22Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild GIF - Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild Group Of Turtles GIFs

Canucks team photo 2022-23Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild GIF - Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild Group Of Turtles GIFs

Canucks team photo 2023-24Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild GIF - Crawling Turtles Nat Geo Wild Group Of Turtles GIFs

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hey, everyone ... just wanted to share this with you. This is Sammie, my mother's cat that I brought back from Nova Scotia. We had to say a final goodbye to her today. She was 17. I brought her to Vancouver when she was 12. 

I hope you all have as special bond with your loved ones as I had with Sammie. Life is short. Savour the special moments.

FB_IMG_1696646399205.jpg

Sorry she’s gone. Beautiful face. If only they could talk. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Has this ever happened to you!?

You mean like when the guy replaced my real toilet with one with a joke hole that’s just for farts?

And now I’m sick to my stomach and I can’t take a dump in my own house cause my toilet can’t flush em down?

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Soucy should be too. Geez, Cole looks great and all the sudden we understand Myers aint so bad. Dont know why they would put both Hughes and Horonic on same line, is that just to expose the truth of everyone else?

Actually no. Soucy is playing very well. He shut down McWhiner Baby. Juulsson is awful. His teammates can’t trust him.  He’s for sure on waivers tomorrow. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hey, everyone ... just wanted to share this with you. This is Sammie, my mother's cat that I brought back from Nova Scotia. We had to say a final goodbye to her today. She was 17. I brought her to Vancouver when she was 12. 

I hope you all have as special bond with your loved ones as I had with Sammie. Life is short. Savour the special moments.

FB_IMG_1696646399205.jpg

Sad Cry Sticker - Sad Cry Stickers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Still looking for what some people see in Juulsen. He looks far to slow to keep up with NHL play IMO. Depending on our options, he'll either be the 4RD or waived (and likely pass through) eventually.

For me personally, I just wanted a hard hitting RD on the 3rd pairing, who could provide some toughness. 

He's not showing anything like that consistently. 

• Cheers 2

I am kind of getting tired of signing dmen in hopes they turn out. They need to make another trade for a bonafide dman who is a top four. Enough with the experiments. Feels like that's all we ever do with the same results. Soucy sort of looks like another Poolman.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Canucks fanbase loves to complain about anyone too short or too tall.  5’11 to 6’2 or need not apply.

ive been advocating to build a roster entirely made up of sub 5ft tall players

lower the teams collective center of gravity

itd be like rolling literal bowling balls down the rink

teams would have no clue how to handle this

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Soucy has one bad game and all of a sudden he’s the next scapegoat! 

Like it’s hilarious. He’s had 1 bad period so far. Soucy has been one of our better defenseman all  pre season.

I’d be more concerned about Cole. Hasn’t really impressed me a ton but tonight he looks solid. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

The third pairing has too many defensive breakdowns.

Also, please swap Hronek and Boeser on the powerplay. I want to see Hronek, Hughes and Pettersson on that first unit.

Would be sexy but who QB’s pp2? (Not a problem if they score, I guess.)

Just now, eeeeeeeeergh said:

ive been advocating to build a roster entirely made up of sub 5ft tall players

lower the teams collective center of gravity

itd be like rolling literal bowling balls down the rink

teams would have no clue how to handle this

This is the Gillis-like innovation that I’m here for.  

Sleep doctors and bowling balls.  Throw in a fire hydrant or two and we’re cooking! 😀

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1