[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually no. Soucy is playing very well. He shut down McWhiner Baby. Juulsson is awful. His teammates can’t trust him.  He’s for sure on waivers tomorrow. 

Soucy needs to get penalties for roughiing, boarding or fighing or plastering a player, not hooking because he is too slow

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Would be sexy but who QB’s pp2? (Not a problem if they score, I guess.)

Myers was fine last season. Not a whole lot of talent on that 2nd unit anyways, wasting Hronek’s potential.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hey, everyone ... just wanted to share this with you. This is Sammie, my mother's cat that I brought back from Nova Scotia. We had to say a final goodbye to her today. She was 17. I brought her to Vancouver when she was 12. 

I hope you all have as special bond with your loved ones as I had with Sammie. Life is short. Savour the special moments.

FB_IMG_1696646399205.jpg

Omg that looks exactly like my cat. She's 19 now. 

Sorry for your loss. 

PXL_20231007_025945977.jpg

Edited by Joshua.Guy
Added pic. My daughter's room isn't very well lit tho
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am not saying we need to get rid of him but he is a bottom type dman. They still need one more top one. Man it would change this team if they could  get Pesce from Carolina.

We have our man with Hronek. Now you're getting greedy. 

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

This is the Gillis-like innovation that I’m here for.  

Sleep doctors and bowling balls.  Throw in a fire hydrant or two and we’re cooking! 😀

in all seriousness there actually is something powerful psychologically about the kind of stuff that Gillis did

these little things that give your team a "secret edge" make them believe they have an edge, creates belief that they're destined to win and whatnot, so they play like it

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

For me personally, I just wanted a hard hitting RD on the 3rd pairing, who could provide some toughness. 

He's not showing anything like that consistently. 

I saw him throw a few hits in that period.  He was, easily, the most consistent physical play for Abby last year

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am not saying we need to get rid of him but he is a bottom type dman. They still need one more top one. Man it would change this team if they could  get Pesce from Carolina.

i honestly think we just need Bear to be back healthy, i really liked him as QHs partner

it puts everyone else back in their strength zone, and Bear would cost us very little in cap relative to what he brings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Actually no. Soucy is playing very well. He shut down McWhiner Baby. Juulsson is awful. His teammates can’t trust him.  He’s for sure on waivers tomorrow. 

Well said!  When Uncle Jim finally admitted he screwed up again with the Yo-Levi disaster draft, he then made an even worse move trading him with the panthers for Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko.  Both of which were even worse than Yo-levi and will end up in the mountainous ash heap of un-notable Canucks players.

Still can't believe there are/were people calling Jim B an excellent drafter and trade guru !

• ThereItIs 1