[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, dippitybop said:

I take everything bad I said about Joshua back

inject him into the 4th line for his big hits please 

Ya we are going to need a player like him on our 4th line at least.

Hoglander - Suter - Beauvillier

Aman - Blueger - Joshua

This would be the bottom 6 I would start with in the regular season.

Got to say I liked Studnicka and Beauvillier tonight, Beau looked extra fast and all over the ice. Garland was trash, killed the play a lot of the time. At least Beau looks like he's upskilled even though he's not producing whereas Garland didn't even have his regular jump. I'd rather out Beau on our top line until Mikheyev is back.

Liked Joshua, Aman was pretty decent and of course Blueger and Suter were solid again. Petey and Kuzmenko really have another level out there skill-wise. I thought Miller was pretty average.

Big shout out to PDG and Boeser, I really hope they continue this play during the regular season and finally silence their haters, they're our best chemistry line.

On defence, solid night by Hughes obviously, very tidy performance from Hronek, I think Cole plays a solid game and really plays tight to forwards but isn't amazing, Soucy looked good before his injury, Juulsen some nice hits but not the most amazing puck handling and Myers was the same as last year but we've just managed to protect him better.

PP was 0/4, had chances but should be much better, PK was desperate and couldn't clear the puck but solid defending and of course Demko was very strong.

Tough first game of the season but if we play like this I think we'll cause the Oilers a lot of headaches in the neutral zone and clog them right up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Lions ahead at the 3 minute warning....been a pretty good game.

This is partly why I refuse to watch the CFL. For one it’s basically watching the AHL of football. And two they have to be so damn extra about being different than the NFL with its rules.

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Well, he took the Flames up, and he took them way down

Calgary was one of the best teams in the NHL two years ago.  Little Johnny and Tkachuk shit the bed in the 2022 playoffs.  Then they both abandoned the team. There wasn’t much Sutter could do last year. Markstrom played like Martin Brochu.  Huberdeau played like Loui Eriksson.  

I don’t like Sutter personally but their two star players abandoned them and the players they have now aren’t going to take them to the promised land no matter who is the coach.