[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

as expected, best on best we're up to par with CGY and even better as we showed tonight.

Should silence a lot of the chicken littles for the time being.

Key thing is effort level. It was there tonight and lets hope this is something we see on a consistent basis this season. 

That will be make or break. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Tonight I saw more tenacity from Vancouver than I did all last season. Their forecheck was outstanding and again I was impressed with how they always seemed to be there to support the puck carrier. It is still very early in the process but so far I really like what I see. Can’t wait to see how cohesive they are after 25 to 30 games. Looking good.

• Like 1

I don't remember the last time we played a good defensive game for 60 minutes. Good sticks all night along and 5 guys guarding the front of the net. I didn't watch the whole game but I don't think we gave up many grade A chances. The new additions Suter, Bluegar, Cole all look good. 

Hope they can carry the momentum into the season opener which will be the true test.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well that rounds up the pre-season....thk god now we can watch every game with the final lineups...too sum it up id say if Cole is THIS good then we are in for a treat. he was outstanding tonight. Sure hope theres no serious injury to Soucy....hes been a bright spot and been a big part of making our backend much more solid then previous season. our star players Petey, Kuz, Miller, hughes have been great on a positive note Boeser looks a lot better then last season and PDG and Garland have been good during the pre-season. On our bottom 6 joshua, Aman and Blueger has been bright spots and suter is a good option too. We have definetly improved our bottom 6 and our PK.....we do need to get our PP going though. The star of the game tonight for me personally was Cole. The way he positioned himself all over the ice was so so good.... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

So... It's only preseason but.... Only 18 shots in Demmer.  We'll win a lot of games if we keep the shots under 25 a night with Demko in net.  4th line is the best one I've seen since we had the Swiss Gretzky on our team lol!

Demko was just saying he is liking the new team structure that it is helping him out 

• ThereItIs 1

To all those that cried about the preseason when we were playing good D and losing......

Suck it.....           Tocchet is showing our club that playing good D with our great goal tending will give our team wins

Well done Canuck coaching staff on teaching the guys good structure and habits during this pre season.

well done coach tocchet. 

• Cheers 3