[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well that rounds up the pre-season....thk god now we can watch every game with the final lineups...too sum it up id say if Cole is THIS good then we are in for a treat. he was outstanding tonight. Sure hope theres no serious injury to Soucy....hes been a bright spot and been a big part of making our backend much more solid then previous season. our star players Petey, Kuz, Miller, hughes have been great on a positive note Boeser looks a lot better then last season and PDG and Garland have been good during the pre-season. On our bottom 6 joshua, Aman and Blueger has been bright spots and suter is a good option too. We have definetly improved our bottom 6 and our PK.....we do need to get our PP going though. The star of the game tonight for me personally was Cole. The way he positioned himself all over the ice was so so good.... 

Where was Soucy a bright spot? Im sorry, I watched every pre-season game... the only bright spot I saw was a possible 3 million in LTIR when he went down.

You are right about Cole, paired with Myers they acually "looked" like a second pairing

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

So... It's only preseason but.... Only 18 shots in Demmer.  We'll win a lot of games if we keep the shots under 25 a night with Demko in net.  4th line is the best one I've seen since we had the Swiss Gretzky on our team lol!

I forgot about the shot suppression.  That's going to help us a whole lot.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

This is partly why I refuse to watch the CFL. For one it’s basically watching the AHL of football. And two they have to be so damn extra about being different than the NFL with its rules.

My opinion would be the CFL has been around for 100 years - the rules aren’t some attempt to be different than the NFL.  

Also, college ball is the AHL of the NFL and plenty of elite college players land in the CFL - just with body types and skill sets more suited to a bigger field / 3 down game.  

The rules actually allow elite - yet slightly less physical - players to still shine rather than being a purely watered down B league. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

JT Miller looks to be in great shape and ready to rock!  Petey looks ripped.  Demko looked at ease. Myers surprised me with his really good play.

If you focus on the “full squad” games we look ready to go. Hope we carry that over into the regular season.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Duke said:

My opinion would be the CFL has been around for 100 years - the rules aren’t some attempt to be different than the NFL.  

Also, college ball is the AHL of the NFL and plenty of elite college players land in the CFL - just with body types and skill sets more suited to a bigger field / 3 down game.  

The rules actually allow elite - yet slightly less physical - players to still shine rather than being a purely watered down B league. 

That’s hilarious to me that you think players are in the CFL solely because it’s “more suited” for them physically. Every last player in the CFL wishes he was good enough to be in the NFL.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

from what ive seen he actually is a defensive defenseman. he covers for his partner and positions himself often in front of the player and box them out. he looks strong and lets his D-partner do his thing. thats what i like. i dont want a fancy passing skating 2 way D....i want a denfesive piece so hronek and hughes can do their magic. 

I watched and I never saw him able to get the puck away from the oncomeing pressure. Not once. And we need a big guy like that to do more to the other team thand "box them out" we need him to BOX THEM ONTO the WALL

36 minutes ago, dippitybop said:

I take everything bad I said about Joshua back

inject him into the 4th line for his big hits please 

Any video of some of Joshua’s hits?? 

Love to see the guy getting more physical!

My boy Phil DiGiuseppe with a big night! Love to see it.

• Like 1