[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

If the boys play the system that well, refine it and improve it (as it’s only preseason) add in Mikhayev, and stay healthy, this will be a fun team to watch.

looking back at that game, their adherence to their system really had them patiently dominate the flames. Not in a way you’d see on the score board or endless chances. 

Rather, it was just a game where the shut the flames down. 

A very nice detailed game today.’play this way all season and keep refining it and we will make the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

The Flames only had 18 shots tonight? Wow.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but it seems like the reviews are pretty good, that we played well as a team.

I feel like our team in is good hands with Tocchet/Allvin/Rutherford, these guys know what needs to happen to build a winner & are working towards it everyday. The organization feels like its back in 'adult hands' and there is a standard here again. Exciting times, just hope this isn't another false glimmer.

Excited for the season! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Crowd was fun tonight. We had a whole section behind Markstrom giving him the business all game. Even had a bunch of kids chirping him too. I know it’s the Flames but the defensive structure looked very promising and the boys laid out 4 very hard hits. The crowd was pumped when Kadri got belted. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What a stupid play by Sharangovich, no reaosn should he have held onto Soucy's leg.

I hope he gets his some day - reckless and stupid. Part of me wonders if Soucy twisted his knee or his ankle, that didn't look good with him over extending that leg. 

Fuck the lames. I hope they rot in hell!

• Cheers 1

Just finished watching the game. Shouid have watched the game live instead of the Lions choke job.

You can definitely see Tocchet's system starting to work.

I just  wish they could have at least one more game with this same roster to solidify things better before facing Edmonton. Why just 6 pre games?

Petey, Hughes, and Miller played the bare minimum effort. But to be expected. Kuz better have been unwell because he was behind the play a lot.

I liked Juulsen's game.  I can see the promise. I just think he needs to stay up and play some games in a row at NHL level.

Brock, still not the swiftest horse out there, but his hockey sense and playmaking stand out more. I really liked his game. Unlike other vets tonight, he put in a solid effort

PDG will be a beast for us

Joshua doing his best to win the coach over.

Suter and Cole look fine so far.

Hronek showing he is not flashy, but efficient. Still has to prove he's worth a 1st and 2nd.

Demmer solid, ready to go

Garland was unimpressive as the third on the top line. Just didn't click well with Petey and Kuz. Please get well Mik.

Frankly Garland is an island unto himself most nights. i don't really know who he is best suited to play with. He's still a good player, and has unique gifts and uses his smaller size and tenacity to make some interesting plays. its just that his linemates don't really know what he's going to do next.

I like how this new system has the Canucks not right away backing down if they lose the puck. just backing off and inviting the other team to skate with the puck the other way into their zone. They stop and try and strip the puck, block, take it back again. They don't give up so soon like they've done for years, and just concede them yards. (CFL still on the brain. Stupid Lions).

i thought Garland was great durin the preseason but he was better on the 3rd line. if u switch beauvilier and garland i think it would have beenb etter...at the same time i think beauvilier was great and carried his line in this one....would be neat if mikheyev can get healthy...that would solve the issue by havin mikheyev at the 1st line and beauvilier and garland on the 3rd...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Garland was unimpressive as the third on the top line. Just didn't click well with Petey and Kuz. Please get well Mik.

Frankly Garland is an island unto himself most nights. i don't really know who he is best suited to play with. He's still a good player, and has unique gifts and uses his smaller size and tenacity to make some interesting plays. its just that his linemates don't really know what he's going to do next.

Yeah he just does a lot of little random things for the sake of moving fast

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What a stupid play by Sharangovich, no reaosn should he have held onto Soucy's leg.

I hope he gets his some day - reckless and stupid. Part of me wonders if Soucy twisted his knee or his ankle, that didn't look good with him over extending that leg. 

After watching the replay, Soucy won the puck battle, this stupid Shargovich thought he could try to get around him and win the puck battle but fell on purpose to "hold him down" so that he doesn't get away with the puck once he realized that he lost the battle.  A type of dirty play on his part.  He was out of position.  Looks intentional. I do not know who he is but he looks like he's trying to win his job on a preseason.  I hate this type of players like this is the reason why they dressed AHL team in Calgary for this type that could injury in preseason to our regulars.  That is why Soucy should have elbowed him and take it to preserve his leg if he felt any type of holding.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I really hope Soucy is okay. 

That Sharangovich fall on his leg looked intentional to drag Soucy doen and so happened to over stretch his leg. 

Didnt like the look of it. 

If he is out for the long haul then this season is over before it even began with our thin defense. 

Man Hirose better be ready...

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

"We're not Lord of the Rings or anything because we won a preseason game"

Tochett is going to fun to watch during this teams next phase.   Certainly tells it like is.   Smyl came to camp ripped and ready to go in the 70's,  Tochett did the same in the 80's to early 2000's.    Nice to see strength and conditioning becoming part of our culture again.    Do believe this teams best chances of making the postseason,  is going to come down to coaching and buy in.    The players seem to love this guy.   Even the vets.   What beaut as Cherry would say.   

Odds are stacked against us on paper,  personally i'm going to enjoy the process, and think organizational alignment and the coaching staff is a strength to help push us into a wild card spot. 

Edit:  Tochett ... ordering the rings lol.   And "Calgary is a good team".   Can see why him and "Greener" are buddie.    Different styles though, Tochett wants the guys skating forward, not going into the 5 man box.    Both styles can be boring, but wins are wins.    This team looks to be much stronger defensively.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He wasn't holding onyo his leg, sheesh.  It was a sudden shift in direction and he was trying to get the puck.  Sharongovich isn't that kind of player. Bad luck, but it happens