[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena, Oct 6, 2023, 7pm PDT

Rocket-68

I don't know what fans expect this game to be.

Tocchet has already told fans that Petey and Kuz were sick, better now but fully recovered? A reason maybe.

Already has stated  he doesn't like game starts, lowering expectations maybe?

Going the opposite of building team chemistry by mix and matching lines, he see's a puzzle or is puzzled as to what to do

Has avoided Hronek and Hughes playing together, maybe he realizes they both have similar defensive difficulties, Maybe?

Kept saying how most of the team came back early before the camp started, but not most of the NHL one's at best I think there was 6 that showed up a week early.

It is exhibition, games where they get into game shape. For Tocchet that means finding something to say after games most likely.

STRUCTURE!!!! Dumb it down? Still losing but looking better? Losing with structure? Structured losing? (and betting?).

They are playing at home with a couple of games left so maybe they don't take it a seriously but really do they have a switch? Can they suddenly this year be able to flip it on? So far not yet.

What is their goal for tonight? To keep it close? Count on the PP for goals? Rely on Demko to keep them in the game just like the last three coach's?

Play Hughes for 25+ minutes? Let Hughes be a rover? Make Hughes into ..... Well I remember a Boston/Montreal game in the distant past, the Rocket was the color guy selecting the 3 stars, Guy, Lemaire, Shutt and honorable mention for that kid Orr, son of a gun scored 4 goals and beat us 4-0. So is this what will be marketed now, Hughes doing great but the team losing anyway. Something to distract, to talk about besides the game unless it is a win, then it is "They slayed the dragon!" "Turned the corner", "Still in the playoff hunt" (which is a stupid statement because ALL teams are within a few points until January)

Calgary 7, Canucks 3

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

I don't know what fans expect this game to be.

Tocchet has already told fans that Petey and Kuz were sick, better now but fully recovered? A reason maybe.

Already has stated  he doesn't like game starts, lowering expectations maybe?

Going the opposite of building team chemistry by mix and matching lines, he see's a puzzle or is puzzled as to what to do

Has avoided Hronek and Hughes playing together, maybe he realizes they both have similar defensive difficulties, Maybe?

Kept saying how most of the team came back early before the camp started, but not most of the NHL one's at best I think there was 6 that showed up a week early.

It is exhibition, games where they get into game shape. For Tocchet that means finding something to say after games most likely.

STRUCTURE!!!! Dumb it down? Still losing but looking better? Losing with structure? Structured losing? (and betting?).

They are playing at home with a couple of games left so maybe they don't take it a seriously but really do they have a switch? Can they suddenly this year be able to flip it on? So far not yet.

What is their goal for tonight? To keep it close? Count on the PP for goals? Rely on Demko to keep them in the game just like the last three coach's?

Play Hughes for 25+ minutes? Let Hughes be a rover? Make Hughes into ..... Well I remember a Boston/Montreal game in the distant past, the Rocket was the color guy selecting the 3 stars, Guy, Lemaire, Shutt and honorable mention for that kid Orr, son of a gun scored 4 goals and beat us 4-0. So is this what will be marketed now, Hughes doing great but the team losing anyway. Something to distract, to talk about besides the game unless it is a win, then it is "They slayed the dragon!" "Turned the corner", "Still in the playoff hunt" (which is a stupid statement because ALL teams are within a few points until January)

Calgary 7, Canucks 3

I can tell you what I'm hoping for a 10-0 victory for us

Keep in mind, I'm surrounded by Calgary fans all day long. It makes me want to puke

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 2

Here’s hopin’ we see a win in a somewhat entertaining fashion. I have not exactly been overly whelmed by the brand of hockey thus far this pre-season.  I get the rag tag line-ups, but given all the Tocc talk on the subject, the overall work ethic hasn’t been consistent enough for me either. I’m receptive to being impressed though. Hopefully tonight.

55 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Myers on the top pairing oh my f#@k!! 

Yes I know a preseason but still may as well put @Alflives in over that scrub.

I wanna keep Myers for the nickname alone.

Chaos Giraffe has to be the best nickname I have ever heard.

Plus, this org is a shit show anyway so my future hopes is just bringing in ridiculous entertaining players, freaks of nature, mostly goons mixed with really fast guys that cant stop very well. 

• Haha 1