[Article] Ex-Canucks coach Travis Green making early impact with Devils

RWJC

Green was a good AHL coach, average NHL coach but he had a dreadful team in front of him. Tocchet has been a 0.500 coach most of his career but says the right things and the on-ice product this preseason looks promising, but he has a much better team in front of him - basically all the good kids Green had have matured and grown, the bad players got sent away or bought out and we spent high picks to acquire a top young player 

• Cheers 1

On 10/6/2023 at 11:46 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I stopped reading after they said one of Green's smart moves was to take Hughes and Bratt off PP1.  

I didn't realize taking a 100 point player off the PP was a smart move.  What a stupid article written by a parasite...

It might be a smart move if their pp1 can continue to operate the way it has and now all of a sudden you have Hughes and Bratt who doesn’t really need others and now feast on inferior pk units Hughes and bratt vs the leftover pk unit is a massive mismatch. Besides their pp2 prolly have luke Hughes on it so it’s essentially a pp1b. It’s prolly like Hughes bratt Toffoli Hughes and Marino.. that’s prolly better than some teams pp1 lol. I don’t think a lot of coaches wouldnt split their top pp1 into having 2 pp1 they prolly just load up the first pp and put the remaining into pp2 

Edited by wai_lai416