Predict The Score Challenge: Season Opener, EDM @ VAN Oct 11 2023

Goalie29

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Horry sheet!  You're so young!  For some reason, I thought of you as a grizzled old vet with tattoo sleeves and a big biker build.  :classic_ninja:

LOL that's fair, I still don't really know why my username is Roberts. I was only 15 when I joined CDC back in 2015.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Roberts said:

LOL that's fair, I still don't really know why my username is Roberts. I was only 15 when I joined CDC back in 2015.

Geez, I'm old enough to be your dad.  😂

You're well-spoken, you've got composure under pressure, and you take the effort to do your research.  You have the ingredients to go far kiddo, and I'll be rootin' for you!  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Geez, I'm old enough to be your dad.  😂

You're well-spoken, you've got composure under pressure, and you take the effort to do your research.  You have the ingredients to go far kiddo, and I'll be rootin' for you!  :towel:

Thanks man! Appreciate it!! I thought I would stutter a lot on the news report but it went pretty well honestly! :classic_biggrin:

Sorry @Goalie29 I'll stop hijacking your thread now lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I was mentioned not once, but TWICE in @Huggy Bear's CDC farewell post. Not only that, I was the FIRST to be mentioned, and then, get this, I was mentioned AGAIN later on.

mariodance.gif.3c95557a04cb2aabdb63c78098e9004d.gif

Also, since you asked, recently I won the contest for finding the worst sidewalk in Victoria 😃 It appeared on Global News, Chek News, and was featured in the Times Colonist paper. I won $50, but being on the news for the first time in my life was a neat experience for sure.

The Office Applause GIF

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

Bonus question - Who scores the first Canuck goal of the season? (1pt)

So, uh... I know I should've asked this before making my prediction, but what if the 'nux get shut out in our home opener?  Does a person need to show a "0" score for the Canucks and explicitly declare that nobody scored, or does the bonus act like a lotto 6/49 and roll over to next game?  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So, uh... I know I should've asked this before making my prediction, but what if the 'nux get shut out in our home opener?  Does a person need to show a "0" score for the Canucks and explicitly declare that nobody scored, or does the bonus act like a lotto 6/49 and roll over to next game?  :classic_ninja:

In the event that no Canuck scores, I would re-run the question the next game.  People would have a chance to make all new predictions.

Not to jinx it, but I haven't had that happen so far.

• Cheers 1

3-1 Canucks

Garland Vans first 2023 goal

Hughes with the winner

Thank you for giving your time to do this for us.

I have a question are you doing this game on the official site as well?

This is the only site I will predict on, I don't go back to the official site.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Joe King said:

I have a question are you doing this game on the official site as well?

This is the only site I will predict on, I don't go back to the official site.

Nope.  Since the ex-official site isn't supposed to even be here anymore, it seems pointless.  This will be the one and only.

• Upvote 3