[Waivers] October 6, 2023

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is just my preference, but I'd be willing to not take a flyer and wait to see what Carolina does with Dylan Coghlan or Vegas with Daniil Miromanov.

Those guys have better NHL pedigree and a skillset that would complement our dcore better.

Canucks are what 11th in waiver order? Don’t think either would make it that far. If we want them would likely have to trade for them.

we should pickup appleby, have no idea who or what position they play... I just know appleby reminds me of apple bee's, which reminds me of the Office. Which reminds me of how terrible the first and last few seasons were.. the end finale was so weird with the flash mob dance, i had to double check if i added to much medicinals to my brownie's. shiz was wild...

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The more I think about it the more I am willing to give up an asset to get a better Dman. Bjork is a great free grab to be the 7th Dman but he had tons of turnovers last year and doesnt play the PK. We do need one more NHL player who can hold his own playing top 4 minutes. 

Yup... There has to be one someone is moving first though.... and teams tend to hang on to quality RHD.

I think he could probably play PK2 another year more experienced. He's got a solid defensive game and decent puck moving ability, with good underlying numbers.

34 minutes ago, RawkDrummer said:

A big pass

Really?

I think Marcus Bjork is at least worth a look. Any chemistry at all with Quinn would be more than the Canucks current options for him, IMHO.

Aube-Kubel would also bring some much needed "truculence" to the bottom 6. Something the team is lacking.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bear is a bottom pairing Dman.  We can get one of those on waivers.  We need someone who can play in the top 4 and has some size and snarl to him.  Bear isn't that guy.  He's plan b or plan c at this point...

Bear is a step up from Waiver fodder in my opinion, can play in the top 4 but shouldnt be. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Bear is a step up from Waiver fodder in my opinion, can play in the top 4 but shouldnt be. 

Lots of guys from the waiver wire are better than Bear. Gustav Forsling is one example. Bear is not a top 4 Dman. If he is then we are in trouble. 

Bear is a terrible partner for Hughes. He isn’t physical, isn’t big and gets caught out of position frequently and is not a very good penalty killer. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is just my preference, but I'd be willing to not take a flyer and wait to see what Carolina does with Dylan Coghlan or Vegas with Daniil Miromanov.

Those guys have better NHL pedigree and a skillset that would complement our dcore better.

Some great names but those other two I don’t know if they’d make it to us. I wouldn’t mind tossing a 5th rounder or so if they really liked Miromanov or Coghlan to ensure they get their guy!

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

we should pickup appleby, have no idea who or what position they play... I just know appleby reminds me of apple bee's, which reminds me of the Office. Which reminds me of how terrible the first and last few seasons were.. the end finale was so weird with the flash mob dance, i had to double check if i added to much medicinals to my brownie's. shiz was wild...

I think you might have - flash mob? You mean from Jim and Pam’s wedding in Season 6?

Also, as uneven as the finale was, one of the all-time greatest Office jokes was there - 

9 hours ago, NucksRuleYou said:

Except Soucy is a left d-man. Wolanin or Brisebois can fill in for now.

I didn't say which dman they would claim. 😉

But I was thinking Bjork, and then not having to worry about playing one of Cole or Soucy on their off side since Juulsen has been so so. That would give the Canucks more options.

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Myers gets a lot of flack. He might not be worth 6 mill but thats not his fault.

He's still a great NHLer

Great, no.

If he can be okay this season I’d be thrilled.

He was a disaster last season let’s be real. Salary aside the mistakes he made all last season would have landed most players in the minors.

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Myers gets a lot of flack. He might not be worth 6 mill but thats not his fault.

He's still a great NHLer

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Great, no.

If he can be okay this season I’d be thrilled.

He was a disaster last season let’s be real. Salary aside the mistakes he made all last season would have landed most players in the minors.

Yeah great might be a stretch. In a proper role, with an actual system/puck support, with a good, defensive partner, IMO he can be a net positive to the team (albeit with the odd trademarked chaos giraffe gaffe).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Maybe Caleb Jones if Soucy is out for any extended period of time? 

Was pondering that yesterday even before the Soucy injury. It's Jones better than either Wolanin or Brisebois as the 4LD? Maybe.