Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

11 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Well if he was from the UK would he have been treated the same..... ?

I'm from the UK.

I surprise people when telling them I am an immigrant as I was young when I came here, so I have lost my accent for the most part. 

Unfortunately, more than a few times in my life I have heard ....' you're not that kind of immigrant' or something similar. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm from the UK.

I surprise people when telling them I am an immigrant as I was young when I came here, so I have lost my accent for the most part. 

Unfortunately, more than a few times in my life I have heard ....' you're not that kind of immigrant' or something similar. 

LOL

My son in law is dual - Canadian and UK ( Scotland )

Time for a reminder at large: keep it cool in here, or admins may decide to put the off topic on ice.

We can debate and discuss, we can't engage in personal attacks, flame wars or incitement. I will add that if you feel something needs moderator intervention, report the item you are concerned about in the usual way so that the entire moderation team has a record of such. Finally, "revenge reporting" or 'swating' someone's post because you are mad at them is abuse and will be treated as such.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I can't see how Yoshi's comment is offensive.   I accept you do.

It seems to be the same comment I made to you the other day about the connections made in some of your posts.  Though as I remember I did start it with 'Forgive me, but I'm beginning to think..'

I may have been slightly more polite, but the thought was the same.

End of day , we all need to show respect to each other. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Are you saying an Isreali kid beat up your nevvy ? 

Is this BS permeating into your school's ?

5 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I was under the impression he was attacked for being an Israeli?

Either way, it is bad and sad to hear. @Optimist Prime

Yeah it is kind of shocking. My great nephew, we think was picked on for having a Hebrew name by 7 year olds who clearly picked up on their parents or other adults spoken sentiments. Israel was mentioned by the bullies. Kiddo said he doesn't know that guy.

• Huggy Bear 3

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Is this BS permeating into your school's ?

I obviously dont know his story.

Growing up on the Island we have very rough schools. My sister is a superintendent of the district and my wife works for the ministry of child and family development. Both tell me that not much has changed.

To add on to my being a Brit post.

When I got here, just before turning 8. I had my bike stolen/taken from me from 4 kids. I was a scrapper, as most are from Northern England but because of that I knew not to take on 4.

What they didn't know was that my big bro was the cock of the school back in England. My bike was returned. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Time for a reminder at large: keep it cool in here, or admins may decide to put the off topic on ice.

We can debate and discuss, we can't engage in personal attacks, flame wars or incitement. I will add that if you feel something needs moderator intervention, report the item you are concerned about in the usual way so that the entire moderation team has a record of such. Finally, "revenge reporting" or 'swating' someone's post because you are mad at them is abuse and will be treated as such.

Unless posts have been removed I haven't seen anything that should be moderated too much.

And what is, and what constitutes " swating " 

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Yeah it is kind of shocking. My great nephew, we think was picked on for having a Hebrew name by 7 year olds who clearly picked up on their parents or other adults spoken sentiments. Israel was mentioned by the bullies. Kiddo said he doesn't know that guy.

So sorry to hear this my friend. 

How does a 7 year old rationalise behaviour like this ?

He can't.

I hope his parents are teaching him that love can conquer hate.

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Growing up on the Island we have very rough schools. My sister is a superintendent of the district and my wife works for the ministry of child and family development. Both tell me that not much has changed.

When I got here, just before turning 8. I had my bike stolen/taken from me from 4 kids. I was a scrapper, as most are from Northern England but because of that I knew not to take on 4.

What they didn't know was that my big bro was the cock of the school back in England. My bike was returned. 

Cow High in Duncan is a terribly racist place, from the 80s when I was there thru to my buddies kids time there now. Some Cowichan Tribes members from my era and I are talking about how we might intervene to change the racial narrative between "white" kids and "F.N." kids...it's been bad for a long long time but apparently my buds kids are seeing more and more physical abuse. Not sure what you guys think about school's in general on the island, from your partners experience?

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Unless posts have been removed I haven't seen anything that should be moderated too much.

And what is, and what constitutes " swating " 

It's a Yankee term for sicking the cops on people you want to "get back at" I meant it like that..sending admins or mods after people you are mad at..in my terminology would be 'swatting' them.

Time to get real life done for a spell. Peace and Prosperity to you all. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Cow High in Duncan is a terribly racist place, from the 80s when I was there thru to my buddies kids time there now. Some Cowichan Tribes members from my era and I are talking about how we might intervene to change the racial narrative between "white" kids and "F.N." kids...it's been bad for a long long time but apparently my buds kids are seeing more and more physical abuse. Not sure what you guys think about school's in general on the island, from your partners experience?

Damn. Duncan used to come down and fight us during the Sandcastle days. Big steriod lads. 

Those fights got so bad that they actually cancelled the sandcastle days all together for a few years. @Gnarcore knows what I am talking about. 

But, yes. Just the other day my wife was talking aboout gangs of kids carrying bear spray. 

27 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Why are you so against a ceasefire?

Because ceasefire means negotiations with Hamas, which leads to them using the time to heal their wounds and rebuild. Hamas has to be wiped off the face of the earth the way the world attempted to do with the nazis. Too bad the world leaders got too soft and let quite a few of them survive in South America and later on allowed the neo nazi propaganda to be reborn under the concept of "freedom of speech". The western world doesn't realize how much the anti-human rules around the world use the "freedom of speech" concept to run their operations. Trump elections in 2016 is a perfect example. But I digress. Back to why no ceasefire with Hamas is not possible - that terrorist organization has to become distant memory. I understand that some youngsters will be radicalized. However, it won't get any worse than it already is if you look closely into what these same kids are being taught in schools in kindergartens under Hamas rule. That situation will have to be mitigated some other way and at a later time, hopefully via some sort of re-education. In addition, there's a whole hostage situation. No one wants to see another "Sinwar" released from the Israeli prison now in the exchange to rebuild Hamas in the future.

As for negotiations - as you can see, it looks like Abbas is being brought in as a potential solution for Gaza after the war. Israeli public doesn't want another prolonged military presence within Gaza if it can be avoided since it leads to more soldiers' death, etc.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I believe attacking someone physically because of their perceived race should be grounds for expulsion. I understand these are kids but if you don't teach them now then they only grow up to be even worse. Zero tolerance is how you should deal with this stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A Geordie by chance ?

You guys are scrappers 

My Geordy friend , Dave Russell

Ex WBF Cruiser Weight World Champ

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/5123

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Damn. Duncan used to come down and fight us during the Sandcastle days. Big steriod lads. 

Those fights got so bad that they actually cancelled the sandcastle days all together for a few years. @Gnarcore knows what I am talking about. 

But, yes. Just the other day my wife was talking aboout gangs of kids carrying bear spray. 

Dang. Maybe we need an anti racism thread.  🤔 getting off topic now. But yeah, I see you guys met the Cowichan Capitals hockey team. They used to crash house parties I was at as a teenager and turn them into housewrecker riots. Some hockey culture sucks. Sad but true.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Riddikulus said:

I believe attacking someone physically because of their perceived race should be grounds for expulsion. I understand these are kids but if you don't teach them now then they only grow up to be even worse. Zero tolerance is how you should deal with this stuff.

His mom and Dad will deal with it with the school.

5 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Because ceasefire means negotiations with Hamas, which leads to them using the time to heal their wounds and rebuild. Hamas has to be wiped off the face of the earth the way the world attempted to do with the nazis. Too bad the world leaders got too soft and let quite a few of them survive in South America and later on allowed the neo nazi propaganda to be reborn under the concept of "freedom of speech". The western world doesn't realize how much the anti-human rules around the world use the "freedom of speech" concept to run their operations. Trump elections in 2016 is a perfect example. But I digress. Back to why no ceasefire with Hamas is not possible - that terrorist organization has to become distant memory. I understand that some youngsters will be radicalized. However, it won't get any worse than it already is if you look closely into what these same kids are being taught in schools in kindergartens under Hamas rule. That situation will have to be mitigated some other way and at a later time, hopefully via some sort of re-education. In addition, there's a whole hostage situation. No one wants to see another "Sinwar" released from the Israeli prison now in the exchange to rebuild Hamas in the future.

As for negotiations - as you can see, it looks like Abbas is being brought in as a potential solution for Gaza after the war. Israeli public doesn't want another prolonged military presence within Gaza if it can be avoided since it leads to more soldiers' death, etc.

Re-education.  Sounds like Chinese re-education camps for Uyghurs  . No thanks....  Sounds horrible. 

Better off to deal with the real issues. 

Edited by moosehead

30 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

MEGA 

Make Europe Great Again 

Trump and Orban supporters ?

https://oko.press/visegrad24-anonomous-account-mystery-revealed

Brand Building ?

https://visegradinsight.eu/polish-misinformation-using-a-hungarian-recipe-the-curious-case-of-visegrad-24/

" While capitalising on western support for Ukraine, the owners are building a brand to " Make Europe Great Again " exporting a more successful Polish model initially tested by Viktor Orban "

https://thefix.media/2022/12/24/visegrad-24-propaganda-or-aspiring-news-outlet-with-a-concrete-ideological-line/

Three different independent sources coming to the same conclusion.

Interesting. I only follow their Twitter account since February 2022 and haven't noticed anything pro-Orban or pro-Trump. As for the 3 Sea Initiative - I absolutely love the idea as it will create a further buffer between russia and the normal world.

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

The ministry revised their numbers to 471.

American intelligence has it to as high as 300.

It'd be nice if there were more journalists there, wouldn't it?

Also, what do you say about the unverified reports of the 40 beheaded babies that Israel claimed, which was the biggest talking point.

So Hamas killed 471 of their own people with their misfired rocket? 

58 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Agreed. There other ways to deal with bad behavior and even criminal acts... then rushing to deportation.    

IMHAO we don’t want evil minded people here. If these people aren’t our citizens and have been invited to be here, then they need to go. Send them back to where they came from. No need to bring in hatred.

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

His mom and Dad will deal with it with the school.

Back in 2008 or 2009 when my son was in high school at MacNeil in Richmond, I come one day to pick him up and he tells me that the school principal wants to see me. On the way to the principal office he told me what happened during a P.E. class - one kid started running his mouth at my kid, calling him "dirty Jew this and dirty Jew that". My kid was not overly muscular, but he was already over 6 feet tall, so he did what I told him to do when facing any sort of bullying or racism - punched the kid a few times. The principal was up in arms about zero tolerance on violence. When I ask her about her position on antisemitism - she went strangely quiet, which was enough of a reaction for me. When she informed me that my son is suspended for 1 day, I told her - good, now he can spend that day at home getting proper education and that she should be ready that he will respond the exact same way if antisemitic slurs don't get dealt with by the school, told her "never again", turned around and left. My kid was with me all this time, followed me and said "damn, Dad, I didn't know you could be this straight up with authority". To which I replied "true authority is not given, it is earned, just like respect. If someone says something antisemitic to you again - you have my permission to punch them, until they learn". After that I escalated the matter to the school board, but the entire school system is geared towards "conflict avoidance" rather than dealing with the root cause of the issue. Ended up moving the kid to Steveston London, which was a lot better because a principal there at the time was a no nonsense type of a guy with zero tolerance to bullying and racism.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO we don’t want evil minded people here. If these people aren’t our citizens and have been invited to be here, then they need to go. Send them back to where they came from. No need to bring in hatred.

I think always to look at situations like this on a case by case basis.  Gather all the information, so a correct just decision can be made. 

19 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

A Geordie by chance ?

You guys are scrappers 

My Geordy friend , Dave Russell

Ex WBF Cruiser Weight World Champ

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/5123

Oldham.

It's how I met your boy, Brian Cox when i went back visiting at 15. Hes from there

• Huggy Bear 1

39 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I was under the impression he was attacked for being an Israeli?

Either way, it is bad and sad to hear. @Optimist Prime

No one (especially here) should be attacked. It’s not what we want here. We want good, kind, empathetic people who listen to others’ views and discuss differences in a constructive way. Evil parents, who are visitors here, must be put out. IMHAO any away. 

• Huggy Bear 1