Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

12 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Not looking to argue about it with you. Just trying to point out that the cause and effect is being used, to my eyes at least, as rationalization and justification for Oct 7 even as they condemn it in the same breath. To me it's a lesser version of "There are some very fine people on both sides" and that gets my hackles up.

Thanks for your time!

No worries my friend.

Wish there was more people like you, polite and respectful.

Yes, that fine people on both sides vomment from PO1135809, cranks my chain as well.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hamas is targeting hospitals in Israel with children.  The Hamas propaganda machine is failing to report this...

This was October 8th, and the rocket hit an unoccupied part of the building with no injuries or deaths. There hasn’t been a single report on that hospital being hit since. Some Hamas rockets during the the beginning of the war made into Israel, but since the early days, virtually no rockets have landed in Israel thanks to the multi million dollar sophisticated iron dome technology.

If that hospital was being hit every day, the western media would’ve picked up on this right from the get go. I mean do you really think Israel would let that same hospital get bombed like the guy in the video says it gets bombed “every other day”? 

The fact of the matter is, no matter what type of damage Hamas has done, Israel has done 10x more and then some. When a brat like Macron says there is no justification for the sheer destruction in Gaza beyond Israel’s ability to defend themselves and Netanyahu responds furiously, then it’s completely clear that Israel’s entire agenda is to mass murder an entire nation of people and hide behind the west’s obligatory support.

It’s the same type of response you will get from pro Israeli extremists if you so much as bring up the atrocities and destructive damage in Gaza. You will be called an anti semite and a “Hamas supporter”. Then they will double down and illegitimate your sources and pull out the propaganda card so they can internally justify and deny to avoid understanding the real issues and problems. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Odd. said:

This was October 8th, and the rocket hit an unoccupied part of the building with no injuries or deaths. There hasn’t been a single report on that hospital being hit since. Some Hamas rockets during the the beginning of the war made into Israel, but since the early days, virtually no rockets have landed in Israel thanks to the multi million dollar sophisticated iron dome technology.

If that hospital was being hit every day, the western media would’ve picked up on this right from the get go. I mean do you really think Israel would let that same hospital get bombed like the guy in the video says it gets bombed “every other day”? 

The fact of the matter is, no matter what type of damage Hamas has done, Israel has done 10x more and then some. When a brat like Macron says there is no justification for the sheer destruction in Gaza beyond Israel’s ability to defend themselves and Netanyahu responds furiously, then it’s completely clear that Israel’s entire agenda is to mass murder an entire nation of people and hide behind the west’s obligatory support.

It’s the same type of response you will get from pro Israeli extremists if you so much as bring up the atrocities and destructive damage in Gaza. You will be called an anti semite and a “Hamas supporter”. Then they will double down and illegitimate your sources and pull out the propaganda card so they can internally justify and deny to avoid understanding the real issues and problems. 

Source?

3 hours ago, StrayDog said:

I have what I hope will be a simple question amongst all the back-and-forth about who's at fault and who's more horrible. Netanyahu has stated no ceasefire will even be considered until all the hostages have been released. Why has Hamas not released the hostages? 

I would seriously like anyone defending Hamas' current actions to answer that very simple question: Why has Hamas not released the hostages?

I think the main reason for taking hostages is because Hamas wants Palestinian prisoners (including women, children, and those taken without due cause) in return for the Israeli hostages. Perhaps to a lesser extent the hostages they took were meant as a bargaining chip for an independent palestenian statehood that they could rule. Wether or not Hamas knew that Israel's response would be this heavy I don't know, but all I know is that innocent Palestenians are dying as a result. And it's hard to justify Israels war on Hamas when it's taking this many innocent lives. 

15 minutes ago, Odd. said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/barzilai-hospital-in-ashkelon-suffers-rocket-hit-no-injuries-reported/

Only hit once. No reports even from Israel that suggests that hospital is being bombed every other day.

Where in that article does it state that the hospital was only hit once?  

4 hours ago, Super19 said:

I think the main reason for taking hostages is because Hamas wants Palestinian prisoners (including women, children, and those taken without due cause) in return for the Israeli hostages. Perhaps to a lesser extent the hostages they took were meant as a bargaining chip for an independent palestenian statehood that they could rule. Wether or not Hamas knew that Israel's response would be this heavy I don't know, but all I know is that innocent Palestenians are dying as a result. And it's hard to justify Israels war on Hamas when it's taking this many innocent lives. 

Innocent civilians are dying, and will continue to die, as long as Hamas refuses to release the hostages. It's clear Israel will not stop unless, as stated, the hostages are released. Every day that Hamas refuses to free the hostages is another day they are responsible for the continuation of Israeli attacks. Is Israel's response heavy-handed? Yes. Can it be stopped? Again, yes; by releasing the hostages taken by Hamas.

And taking hostages to guarantee statehood? Do you really believe that is ok or even a valid way to attain it?

• ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Innocent civilians are dying, and will continue to die, as long as Hamas refuses to release the hostages. It's clear Israel will not stop unless, as stated, the hostages are released. Every day that Hamas refuses to free the hostages is another day they are responsible for the continuation of Israeli attacks. Is Israel's response heavy-handed? Yes. Can it be stopped? Again, yes; by releasing the hostages taken by Hamas.

And taking hostages to guarantee statehood? Do you really believe that is ok or even a valid way to attain it?

Exactly! Hamas needs to lay down their arms and surrender. Then the war will be over. It’s up to them. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! Hamas needs to lay down their arms and surrender. Then the war will be over. It’s up to them. 

So are you saying Hamas should surrender before the Israeli military murders thousands more  of palestinian  women and children and taking more  of their lands for more foreign jewish settler villages....?   

Do you think your position is realistic ?   

Do you believe in Santa and Easter Bunny ?

Would you be fine if 2 guys with masks/ guns  came by your place at night and stole your scooter..... so they could give  it some random guy from Ontario ?

Edited by moosehead
  • Vintage 1

Just now, moosehead said:

So are you saying Hamas should surrender before the Israeli military murders thousands more  of palestinian  women and children and taking all of their lands for more foreign jewish settler villages....?   

Do you think your position is realistic ?   

Do you believe in Santa and Easter Bunny ?

Interesting questions.  But imo the war can end immediately if Hamas lays down their arms and surrenders. 
I also believe that if Hamas doesn’t surrender the IDF will root them out of their holes and eliminate them. The end will come. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting questions.  But imo the war can end immediately if Hamas lays down their arms and surrenders. 
I also believe that if Hamas doesn’t surrender the IDF will root them out of their holes and eliminate them. The end will come. 

Sadly the world is not as simple as you see it....

In most conflicts there is 2 parties responsible and 2 parties that need to make changes / compromises...

Edited by moosehead

13 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Lol, on “more and more people across the world”. Don’t flatter yourself, it’s all the same recycling antisemites, they are just getting louder for now.

anti-semites?  You can't be against an extremist, racist, semi-facist Israeli government without being an anti-semite?  You need to make the distinction berween the state and the people.  I'm far,far from being anti-semitic, but recognize this government is racist and extremist.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually the world is very simple. And what’s happening to Hamas is a good example. 

What is happening to Gaza NOW  is the same that has happened to Palestinians for the last 70 years.

Your greatly over-simplified view is completely useless to help solve this conflict. 

It is actually insulting to read it and it trivializes the current genocide occuring in gaza. 

But you can keep on with it if it gives you some kind of joy or maybe helps you feel no pain with all the current suffering going on. 

Edited by moosehead

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

What is happening to Gaza NOW  is the same that has happened to Palestinians for the last 70 years.

Your greatly over-simplified view is completely useless to help solve this conflict. 

It is actually insulting to read it and it trivializes the current genocide occuring in gaza. 

But you can keep on with it if it gives you some kind of joy or maybe helps you feel no pain with all the current suffering going on. 

Alf doesn’t comment on other posters. He comments on the topic. You’re entitled to your views. 
In my view Hamas is an evil entity. They are being rooted out and eliminated for their evil doings, especially for what they did October 7. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf doesn’t comment on other posters. He comments on the topic. You’re entitled to your views. 
In my view Hamas is an evil entity. They are being rooted out and eliminated for their evil doings, especially for what they did October 7. 

Awesome. Thanks for your great insight to the conflict.   Of course, you are entitled to your view on this sad situation occurring in Gaza. 

October 7th was a horrific terrorist event and killing / violence is never acceptable.   Hopefully those involved can be arrested and held accountable in a court of law for their horrific acts.   The collective punishment of executing their cousins, aunts and uncles , pregnant nieces is also not acceptable to me. 

Edited by moosehead

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Where in that article does it state that the hospital was only hit once?  

It was hit on October 7th/8th. It hasn’t been hit again as there’s 0 reports of it being bombed since. 

I think you and I both know if a hospital in Israel was being bombed multiple of times, it would be front page news. Netanyahu’s administration would have quickly pounced on that news.

• Like 1