Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

49 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Houthi's are wannabe gangsters regional power brokers. Enforcing their own laws.

After nominating themselves rulers in their own domain..

Tracy Morrow/ ICE T was never a wannabe gangster.

He did write songs about the persecution of his people, especially by the police.

He played the under cover detective Scotty Appleton in New Jack City, trying to clean up the drugs.

There is also his long running character Odafin Tutuola on Law and Order.

Hardly wannabe gangster material.

6 hours ago, Super19 said:

Nazi Germany committed genocide and now Germany is backing Zionist Israel in a case where Israel is being accused of genocide.

Good luck with proving it something that is not there. You might want to catch up on how courts work - you need facts, not emotional outbursts and angry speeches.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Super19 said:

And you say our news is real and not biased? 

Snowden? This guy is a moron and traitor. Admitted to putting lives at risk, and hides in Russia like a coward.

But, this is a step up from Hamas sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

You really haven't got a reliable source of news in Canada ?

Here in Aus we have 2, the ABC, which is totally tax payer funded, and SBS, which is partially tax payer funded.

The SBS World news which is on at 6.30pm each night is a very good source for unbiased reporting.

My point was and is: Even your 'very good source for unbiased reporting' (identical to our CBC, your ABC) is just a programming director, producer and news anchor deciding what is going on the air and what angle of that news item you see. There is no oversight tribunal by any stretch..there are really no standards they must adhere to. News is a product that is sold, just like any other capitalist venture. There is no news that isn't biased. The varying degree of bias involved may be worse or better, and some news hits an individual exactly in that individuals 'lane' or from the same perspective, which then we say is "unbiased" because we agree with it. 

That is all. Carry on. the CBC is great, so is the ABC, but they are still biased to the perspectives of the people running them. See Fox and CNN. 

Anywho, just speaking in broad strokes: even the best news agencies have bias in them. Cheers.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Snowden? This guy is a moron and traitor. Admitted to putting lives at risk, and hides in Russia like a coward.

But, this is a step up from Hamas sources.

So here's how it works:

Deny entry to willing independent journalists from entering Gaza to do the job of reporting and documenting.

Kill an unprecedented amount of journalists already within Gaza.

Label any journalism or source from Gaza as a Hamas source.

Get away with atrocities.

Very smart job by Israel, and very stupid to fall for it. 

6 minutes ago, Super19 said:

So here's how it works:

Deny entry to willing independent journalists from entering Gaza to do the job of reporting and documenting.

Kill an unprecedented amount of journalists already within Gaza.

Label any journalism or source from Gaza as a Hamas source.

Get away with atrocities.

Very smart job by Israel, and very stupid to fall for it. 

Are you really trying to sell people on a lack of coverage of this conflict?

7 hours ago, Super19 said:

Also it looks like Israel thinks the internet is dangerous, can't let the Gazans have connections with the world. Better to disconnect them.

Why do you keep infantilizing these people? They can and do find ways of getting their messages out. 

Is there anything you think is their responsibility?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Are you really trying to sell people on a lack of coverage of this conflict?

Almost every source I bring to the table is being easily dismissed. There is a huge problem with the lack of journalism available in this conflict right now and I believe Israel is actively trying fight journalism in this war.

Remember that al-Jazeera reporting saying IDF soldiers executed women and children in that makeshift refugee camp? We saw the bullet shells on the ground, the dead bodies killed execution style, and testimonies of people saying the IDF did it. Yet this barely made any news coverage when it should have been global news. Did Hamas do it or the IDF? Based on the reports it suggests the IDF did it. But we'll never know... and that is just one story lost under the rubble.

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🤣

Snowden will claim that it was the work of Ukrainian agents seeking to besmirch the good name of Houthi & trying to make Snowden's benefactor Poutine look bad 

Maybe he'll pass on more stolen intel before reading it again.

I can't think of many less reliable sources than that guy.

Just now, Super19 said:

Almost every source I bring to the table is being easily dismissed. There is a huge problem with the lack of journalism available in this conflict right now and I believe Israel is actively trying fight journalism in this war.

Remember that al-Jazeera reporting saying IDF soldiers executed women and children in that makeshift refugee camp? We saw the bullet shells on the ground, the dead bodies killed execution style, and testimonies of people saying the IDF did it. Yet this barely made any news coverage when it should have been global news. Did Hamas do it or the IDF? Based on the reports it suggests the IDF did it. But we'll never know... and that is just one story lost under the rubble.

It's being dismissed because so much of what you're posting comes from Hamas or sources sympathetic to Iran.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

It's being dismissed because so much of what you're posting comes from Hamas or sources sympathetic to Iran.

And I get that. But Israel is not allowing any willing independent journalists to enter Gaza. I've been saying this is a red flag since day 1.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But there are journalists in Gaza.

I've posted stuff of photojournalist Motaz who has become popular, and even he's labelled as Hamas/sympathizer. His word and almost any non Israeli approved source means almost nothing to those who refuse to have an open mind.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I've posted stuff of photojournalist Motaz who has become popular, and even he's labelled as Hamas/sympathizer. His word and almost any non Israeli approved source means almost nothing to those who refuse to have an open mind.

I'm not clear on what you mean by 'open mind'? 

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

And I get that. But Israel is not allowing any willing independent journalists to enter Gaza. I've been saying this is a red flag since day 1.

You need to catch up on the whole concept of access to the war zone. It was never open free for all during any of the wars in the human history. Why should it be any different when it’s Israel’s war?

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

@RomanPer Your thoughts on exiled, it ain't Rasmus, Mohammad Dahlan?

Apparently being touted by UAE among others as a possible leader in an administration that could replace Hamas.   

Sorry, I don’t know much about him. I’m not sure what kind of support he has between Palestinians 

Who really controls what?

Secondary or collateral damage problem; Yemen receives humanitarian aid sufficient to feed over 1.5M.  Over 90% arrives by ship. Perhaps by zone it's not their issue?  Meh, let'em starve eh @Super19.

Economic or collateral cost / benefit. The cost of oil has risen substantially.  Who profits?  Iran, Russia.  Who pays? Shipping costs also go up around the world in varying amounts. So the cost of living, or building a home, shipping goods goes up in the 1st world. Grain ships from the Black Sea have to go through the Mediterranean & around Africa to reach starving populations in Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, YEMEN. 

image.thumb.png.a999a11d5b53fb068ed43c264aa2757e.png

• ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Sorry, I don’t know much about him. I’m not sure what kind of support he has between Palestinians 

Former Fatah leader, evolving from the PA & PLO.  Influential, he was involved in both Hebron & Oslo accord negotiations for 'Palestine.' ie peace treaties.

I have seen you mention in the past Fatah, who ruled prior to 2006 elections & was official opposition after, is not much better than Hamas?  It seems so. I think at one point a right hand man to Arafat; born in poverty in a Gazan refugee camp, he was known to have commanded gangs of up to 20,000 to help rule & patrol streets of Gaza as his rise to significance. As per his Wiki page. This repeats my assertion of local militia rising to power & purging them of both minorities & opposition being THE KEY problem in ME and impoverished Muslim nations in Africa. 

He was also considered the key contact for George Bush's & more recently Donald Trump's posturing. Anticipated as the ''guy to introduce'' back to power if Trump wins the next election. This dates back to Arafat & I also read between the lines him and his 'management crew' were most likely seeking peace? As they were being offered opportunities by the West, Israel, hell anyone, to invest and control territories on a broad scale. Highly corrupt opportunities, but selling it as peace for the region & between nations to be installed. Dahlan has successfully converted exile in to a fortune of $120M US living in current Israel peace partner the UAE.  Who knows how much money underground in the black market, or I guess in tunnels would be a good analogy? UAE more significantly than Trump, in a forum I read, possibly just social media calibre introspective, considers its ongoing peace with Israel a long term relationship; but possibly dependent on Dahlan's installation as Hamas is dethroned.  

While we are on the subject of Arafat's death? Dahlan not as rich as Arafat. Arafat not as rich as Napoleon or Genghis Khan in real terms, but in modern currency?Its worth mentioning Arafat died as one of 5 or 10 richest men in the history of the World, 'managing' Palestinian people & issues? There is active conspiracy his death was poison by polonium (by memory)? Dahlan among prime suspects; also suspected of the attempted 2007 assassination of then Prime Minister, still key Hamas leader Ismail Hanifeh among others.    

This is, as the world turns? The West will get blamed for installing 'their' man, interfering in the ME or Islamic issues? There will be thousands, possibly more than tens of thousands of casualties to be attributed to the rise of such leaders before they get to be patronized by oil barons, or the West. There is good money running ME countries.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Above begs the question of rejecting the world economy? Which has given such wealth to, I guess mostly the West but also oil countries, since WWII.

A country like Canada could be self dependent as a better policy than playing in world geo-politics? Issues of world power, or being influential in military alliances that sway power in different corners of the globe. Its worth mentioning, blame Putin or the ME, that the US has come very close to being oil self sufficient to protect itself. Would prefer to be resource independent, even if it plays influence in world markets & conflicts for profits.