Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

18 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Its not just recent policies, its the IDF killing palestinian children, its settlers getting military backup from the IDF to kill and evict palestinian residents from their homes, its the result of a population being cleansed from their homes and being blockaded to the point of extreme poverty. 

People way overcomplicate this issue. 

A group of people were forcibly evicted from their homes, and they're now living under occupation/apartheid. They tried the peaceful/diplomatic approach in the 2000s and it accomplished nothing. 

They're angry and retaliating.

No it does not justify killing civilians.

But people and the media portray it as unexplainable violence by primitives with no justification other than a desire for bloodshed which is bloody wrong. 

I don’t disagree with your post. I believe it echoes mine. 

Injustice is being wrought on both those living in Israel and the Gaza Strip. 

Are their inequalities equal? No. 

The Palestinians are living in squalor. The Israelis are generally living in freedom and prosperity. That’s the problem right there. 

If the Palestinians enjoyed the same as Israel does, then there’s no conflict. 

However, occupation, land grabs, and other Israeli policies are stoking the violence they endure. 

Make a bed, lay in it. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

49 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Its not just recent policies, its the IDF killing palestinian children, its settlers getting military backup from the IDF to kill and evict palestinian residents from their homes, its the result of a population being cleansed from their homes and being blockaded to the point of extreme poverty. 

People way overcomplicate this issue. 

A group of people were forcibly evicted from their homes, and they're now living under occupation/apartheid. They tried the peaceful/diplomatic approach in the 2000s and it accomplished nothing. 

They're angry and retaliating.

No it does not justify killing civilians.

But people and the media portray it as unexplainable violence by primitives with no justification other than a desire for bloodshed which is bloody wrong. 

Really? Last I checked, Gaza is under full Palestinian control for quite a few years. What have they done for their own people? Nothing. All their resources go into building rockets and trying to hurt Israel.

• ThereItIs 2

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t disagree with your post. I believe it echoes mine. 

Injustice is being wrought on both those living in Israel and the Gaza Strip. 

Are their inequalities equal? No. 

The Palestinians are living in squalor. The Israelis are generally living in freedom and prosperity. That’s the problem right there. 

If the Palestinians enjoyed the same as Israel does, then there’s no conflict. 

However, occupation, land grabs, and other Israeli policies are stoking the violence they endure. 

Make a bed, lay in it. 

Who's occupying Gaza the last 20 years?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Am I missing something? Has Israel not been illegally occupying the Gaza strip, the West Bank and East Jerusalem since 1967?

You might need a bit of refresher. Israel left Garza in 2005. Since then there’s zero Israeli military or government presence in Gaza. But you seem to know everything about Israel and Palestine based on your other posts…

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You might need a bit of refresher. Israel left Garza in 2005. Since then there’s zero Israeli military or government presence in Gaza. But you seem to know everything about Israel and Palestine based on your other posts…

I might need a refresher because that is not my understanding. I suppose on the technicality of using the term occupation you may be correct. However, when you totally blockade an area and lay siege to it, what would you call that? And that's without pointing out that it's Palestinian land in the first place.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

@RomanPer according to you, none of us know anything about Israel because we haven't been there as much as you have and speaking for myself I'm not Jewish so it would appear that those of us that aren't Jewish and haven't spent as much time there as you have don't know anything about it. Such a sound excuse for bombing and killing innocent children for decades. I think most of us here have all agreed. What took place was absolutely appalling but we aren't willing to let Israel off the hook and you are. Another thing you bring up "never again" the biggest warmonger outside the United States and Russia over the last 50 years has been Israel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@RomanPer according to you, none of us know anything about Israel because we haven't been there as much as you have and speaking for myself I'm not Jewish so it would appear that those of us that aren't Jewish and haven't spent as much time there as you have don't know anything about it. Such a sound excuse for bombing and killing innocent children for decades. I think most of us here have all agreed. What took place was absolutely appalling but we aren't willing to let Israel off the hook and you are. Another thing you bring up "never again" the biggest warmonger outside the United States and Russia over the last 50 years has been Israel.

So you’re suggesting this attack is Israel’s fault? What? Sorry RS but you’re way off here. But, of course, you’re entitled to your (always contrarian, and isn’t that interesting) POV. 

Edited by Alflives

Just now, Alflives said:

So you’re suggesting this attack is Israel’s fault? What? 

I don't think I suggested that at all. I pointed out what Israel's been doing to Palestine for some time as has a lot of other people in this thread. I did unblock you this morning. However I would ask you to ask them that question because I don't wish to engage with you when you do this. Never ending question after question about things I'm suggesting that I haven't actually suggested. I think the statements in this thread that I've made are quite clear. I welcome you to browse through them there is four or five of them.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I might need a refresher because that is not my understanding. I suppose on the technicality of using the term occupation you may be correct. However, when you totally blockade an area and lay siege to it, what would you call that? And that's without pointing out that it's Palestinian land in the first place.

Ok, let’s take a look at the timeframes. Maybe over simplifying everything is what you need. Step 1 - Israel unilaterally withdraws from Gaza in September 2005, including all the Jewish settlements (that were major employers of Palestinians in Gaza, by the way). There was no blockade or anything else at the time. Hamas won elections in 2007 and proceeded to do nothing for the residents of Gaza. All they did was bring in ammunition and parts for rockets and constantly bombarded Israel with these home made rockets. Again, not bombarding any Israeli settlements within Gaza but civilian targets within Israel. The “blockade” only was put in place in 2008 as an attempt to limit shipments of parts used for building rockets. At the same time, Israel is the largest supplier of goods and energy to the strip for all these years. But it’s so much easier to only listen to what Hamas is telling everyone…

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think I suggested that at all. I pointed out what Israel's been doing to Palestine for some time as has a lot of other people in this thread. I did unblock you this morning. However I would ask you to ask them that question because I don't wish to engage with you when you do this. Never ending question after question about things I'm suggesting that I haven't actually suggested. I think the statements in this thread that I've made are quite clear. I welcome you to browse through them there is four or five of them.

So you’re pointing out “what Israel has been doing to Palestine, but you’re not suggesting it’s Israel’s fault?  Nice try. 

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Ok, let’s take a look at the timeframes. Maybe over simplifying everything is what you need. Step 1 - Israel unilaterally withdraws from Gaza in September 2005, including all the Jewish settlements (that were major employers of Palestinians in Gaza, by the way). There was no blockade or anything else at the time. Hamas won elections in 2007 and proceeded to do nothing for the residents of Gaza. All they did was bring in ammunition and parts for rockets and constantly bombarded Israel with these home made rockets. Again, not bombarding any Israeli settlements within Gaza but civilian targets within Israel. The “blockade” only was put in place in 2008 as an attempt to limit shipments of parts used for building rockets. At the same time, Israel is the largest supplier of goods and energy to the strip for all these years. But it’s so much easier to only listen to what Hamas is telling everyone…

Ok.. Benny is that you? You said your block list was going to grow. I'll volunteer myself up.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you’re pointing out “what Israel has been doing to Palestine, but you’re not suggesting it’s Israel’s fault?  Nice try. 

Back to the block list with you. You need to learn in life, I've asked you kindly multiple times. I don't wish to engage with you, very little that you say ever makes any sense. Cheers, happy thanksgiving

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are putting words in my mouth. Do you know what Israel does after it detects a rocket launching site in Gaza? It announces in Arabic for hours that the rocket launch site will be hit, asking civilians to leave. Essentially, they are giving up any tactical advantage, in order to attempt and preserve civilian lives. But you don’t hear about it from the pro-Palestinian propaganda. You don’t have to be Jewish to try and learn all the facts about that very complicated part of the world. And i have plenty of non-Jewish friends who do us that.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

And again you’re suggesting it’s Israel it’s fault. IMHAO you’re contrarian in every thread you’re involved. What does that indicate? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Back to the block list with you. You need to learn in life, I've asked you kindly multiple times. I don't wish to engage with you, very little that you say ever makes any sense. Cheers, happy thanksgiving

Passive aggressive behaviour. Just block and keep quiet. 

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You are putting words in my mouth. Do you know what Israel does after it detects a rocket launching site in Gaza? It announces in Arabic for hours that the rocket launch site will be hit, asking civilians to leave. Essentially, they are giving up any tactical advantage, in order to attempt and preserve civilian lives. But you don’t hear about it from the pro-Palestinian propaganda. You don’t have to be Jewish to try and learn all the facts about that very complicated part of the world. And i have plenty of non-Jewish friends who do us that.

6 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Have you personally been to Israel or you just parrot pro-Palestinian propaganda?

5 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Unlike you, I lived in Israel, I had business relationships with people on the Palestinian side. What you are saying is a result of Pallywood propaganda. Situation on the ground is quite different. It’s easy to throw big words like “apartheid”, etc. without actually knowing the actual facts. My family still lives there and will live there long after the enemies will feed the earth worms. Am Israel Hai!!!

Nope, I don't think I'm putting words in your mouth.